• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

An update to FFXIV! From the SE Q&A.

Started by Malikai, June 03, 2009, 10:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malikai

"These are different races. The world is different then FFXI. The reason they made them look similar is so the people who were playing XI can choose a similar type of race to the one they were already playing. "

"The development for FFXIV started 4 or 5 years ago, and it's gone on alongside FFXI development. They plan to continue with one year more of content for FFXI. "
"Yes, they plan on using the things they learned in FFXI, which was designed for party battles and was adapted over time for solo play. Solo play will be integrated earlier in FFXIV this time around. "

"Question - Will there be a simultaneous worldwide release?
Answer - Yes, at the launch it will be worldwide for PS3 and PC. Four languages - Japanese, English, German and French."

"Question - Will there be a plan for taking feedback from users and integrating it into the game over time, much like FFXI today?
Answer - Yes. They plan to do just that. The beta will also be important."

"Originally FFXI was designed for PS2 and moved on to PC and 360. People were wondering why they didn't just port it to new generation machines. But it just wasn't feasible to move all the content. They used that time to make a new experience instead. "

"Question - What are the highlights of the game they would like to emphasize? What are they doing differently from FFXI?
Answer - The key word is growth of the character. Not just high quality of graphics and storytelling but new game systems that allow characters to grow and change in a dynamic way. The job system will be 'quite different' than the one in FFXI."
Now that was something I was really hoping for!

"Also, FFXI is still party-based, but with FFXIV they want to make content for many different types of play styles - people who want to play in long stretches or short bursts, etc."

"Question - FFXI fans want to know if they will be able to move their characters from FFXI to FFXIV.
Answer - It is a different world, a different game. So you will not be able to do that, no. But as they said earlier you can create a similar character.
Also, FFXIV will not be using the Play Online system. But they want to be able to move friend lists from FFXI over."
Finally! ugh... PoL suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Malikai

I'm probably going to post updates about the damn game 'till the day it comes out!

"How does the leveling system work?
Square Enix is cagey about how characters advance, but it has confirmed with IGN that growth is not based on experience and that it will work on a different system entirely."

Here's something to make you seem obsessive... staring at a freaking photo for a year! <_<
"How important are the weapons?
Weapons are very important and have a heavy influence on your character and how they succeed in the game world. Square Enix says to look closely at the official FFXIV logo for hints and hidden meanings about how the game will work."

"What hidden meanings?
Square Enix told us that when it approached Amano to do the logo art for FFXIV, that weapons were very important and to think of the concept of a "wheel." Specifically, a wheel of adventurers that has their weapon in front of them and an exposed backside -- which leaves each adventurer to rely heavily on their comrades and their friends. Let the speculation begin."

"Anything else about the weapons?
The team let slip to us that choosing weapons for specific tasks one day versus another could affect how your character develops."

"Are Chocobos back?
Yes, they will return. But Square Enix has told IGN that it is looking at using them in a completely different way than they were used in Final Fantasy XI (where they were used as riding steeds)."

"Uematsu only did a few tracks in FFXI, how much is he doing for XIV?
Square Enix revealed to IGN that Uematsu will be doing all the music for Final Fantasy XIV and that it will be composed in a range of different styles and genres. "

"Who's Working on the Game?
It is produced by Hiromichi Tanaka (Final Fantasy I, II, III, and IX) and directed by Nobuaki Komoto (Final Fantasy IX, XI), with art direction by Akihiko Yoshida (Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy XII) and a musical score from Nobuo Uematsu (Most Final Fantasies ever). Yoshitaka Amano has designed the logo and is pulling additional art duties as well."

"Will the PlayOnline service be used for FFXIV?
No. Square Enix told us that the reason it is ditching the PlayOnline system is because it was originally meant as an all-in-one solution to house multiple content types. But as PlayOnline has offered less content over the years, the need for the next online Final Fantasy to us PO is moot. Whatever new service (if any) is used, PC and PlayStation 3 users will still be able to play with each other on the same servers, and Square Enix also confirmed with IGN that you can sign in with a universal ID on either system to pick up where you left off if you own both."

Malikai

"What do we know about the setting and the story?
It takes place on an all-new Final Fantasy world known as "Eorzea." Though it does share some monsters and races from Final Fantasy XI, they're not direct representations and have been altered in multiple ways that make them unique to Eorzea. The similarities in races will allow experienced FFXI players to create a new FFXIV character that looks somewhat comparable. "

Zerila

I hope they remove or at least tone down some of the more outrrrrrageous accent-waccents from NPCs this time 'round :P

Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Evanesce

Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Zerila

Hey, Eva!
To ad-lib Monty Python:

I'm Mithrrrrrrra! Why do you think I have this outrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrageous accent!

;D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

tidbid

ever play darkfall? they kinda took out exp and made your charecters lvl in a way with its abilitie to use a weapon so in ffxi standpoint i guess you could say you lvl by your weaponskill maybe!! that would be great

Malikai

Nope! I never got to play Darkfall, but I've heard good things about it.