• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

the simpsons movie

Started by Ennaor, August 03, 2007, 05:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyuuketsuki

I'm reading Cell by Stephen King! Zombie(esque) apocalypse via cell phones! It's pretty good so far!

Zerila

That's one of the ones I was avoiding  :-[. I read the description, and I thought, "Oh, the Stand with cel phones, ok" ^^;;  If you like it, though, I may give it a shot :)

I used to really like Stephen King. A friend of mine has a theory that he just has an automated template for books, and he fills in stuff Mad-Libs style. I don't think that's 100% true, though  ::). I really liked his On Writing book, that was interesting. I think the last novel of his I read was Bag of Bones. And, he did write some of my favorite stories of all time: the Body (made into Stand By Me), Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, The Stand, The Shining, The Talisman (with Peter Straub) and Firestarter.

Ooh! Read the Talisman if you haven't already! That one is awesome!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Kyuuketsuki

I've heard it's a lot like The Stand, but I haven't read that yet. ;). I picked up his On Writing book, since I'm a writing major, and I thought it was a really awesome book and actually helped a lot. I'll have to read The Talisman! I just love how he writes, so I'd read anything from him.

Zerila

Oh, you have to read the Stand! Get the original version, though. The extended version has a lot of stuff that had originally been cut out... for good reason, I think. Plus, he updated some of the cultural references, which was just weird.

And, once you read the Stand, never ever watch the mini-series. Trust me on this. Molly Ringwald plays one of my favorite characters in it, and she is horrible to watch  >:(

Kyuuketsuki

Haha, I've seen a lot of the Stephen King tv movies/mini series... and they're all pretty bad, except for The Shining. Last one I saw was The Langoliers, and it was super poor quality.

Ennaor

This topic is suppose to be about the simpsons movie lol
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Zerila

Topic: Derailed!!!  :o

But seriously, the Simpsons movie was hilarious :)

Kyuuketsuki