• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Scavenger Hunt Signups

Started by Areya, April 14, 2008, 11:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

Signups for teams for the upcoming Scavenger Hunt are now open!  Teams will consist of three or four people.  The leader is required to be a member of Lucky but the others can be other people if you so desire.

Hunt Details
When the Scavenger Hunt starts, I will post a list featuring eight hints.  Using these hints, scour Vana'diel to find the corresponding items and trade them to me.  Upon completion of this first set of Easy level hints, I will give you the URL to a new list of eight.  Upon completion of those Moderate level hints, there will be another URL for the Hard level.

The first team to finish the Hard level of hints will receive the First Prize.  Every team that successfully completes all the lists gets a prize as well!

To register your team simply reply to this topic listing the members!

Addendum
Most of the items involved are fairly cheap..  That doesn't mean they're always easy to find though.  Also don't assume the Hard List items are hard to find, it simply means the clue is difficult!

The reason for spliting up into teams is to help cut down the cost to play.  It should also be noted that you get to keep the items, so you can sell them back if you had to purchase them off of the AH.

Zerila

I'd like to do this, it sounds fun! Hopefully it's not this weekend, though, I have to work both Saturday and Sunday again...  :-\
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Ryudei

Rumour has it first prize is a Haubergeon +1!

I shall play for PRIZES /endlessgreed

Areya

Quote from: Ryudei on April 15, 2008, 11:54:25 PM
Rumour has it first prize is a Haubergeon +1!

I shall play for PRIZES /endlessgreed

Somehow I doubt the prizes are gonna be that lavish, since I have to buy multiple of them.

We all know people won't do jack squat unless they get rewarded...

Ryudei

Ryudei

Zerila

My reward would be if I had fun!

(congrats on Cookie Crusader status, Ryu!)

Kyuuketsuki

Ryu is a cheater! A veritable PUNKIN EATER!  :o :o :o :o

Grats. :)

I'll sign up but there better be cookies!  >:( >:( >:(

Zerila

punkin pie!

I call Ketsuki! Ketsuki's on my team!  ;D

Selan

O.O this looks interesting, my comp crashed and i had to reformat ; ;.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Zerila

Those two statements are unrelated!!!

Kyuuketsuki

Maybe it was so interesting that it crashed Seran out of sheer awesomeness and caused his hard drive to become corrupt. That'd be some overwhelming awesomeness...

Zerila

I shouldn't have joked about it, I feel bad for Selan... my old compy crashed a while ago and took a lot of stuff with it that I hadn't backed up yet...  :'(

/comfort Selan

Ketsuki, that would be a lot of awesome, if it broke computers!

Evanesce

Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I wish I could join briefly just to do this =p (Of course, I also wish they had a $1.00 per month Linkshell Chat function, so I could just log on to talk to you all every once in a while).
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Areya

Quote from: Evanesce on April 19, 2008, 05:25:25 AM
I also wish they had a $1.00 per month Linkshell Chat function, so I could just log on to talk to you all every once in a while

I wholeheartedly agree!

I'm glad someone's showing enthusiasm..   since no one has signed up teams for it!   ??? >:(

I'll use this post to also give a sample to give you an idea of how it goes.

Clue: "Wind-sensitive portion of Superman's wardrobe."
Answer: Red Cape (or Cape..  that's one reason I rejected this particular one)

Nerces

I'm essentially broke, but consider this a sign-up!
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Zerila

Well, I totally want to do this. It sounds fun! Do we have a date set?

Areya

Quote from: Nerces on April 19, 2008, 06:56:53 PM
I'm essentially broke, but consider this a sign-up!

That's the idea behind the teams, you can leech off a richer person!  (I wouldn't expect you to spend more than 10k on this...)

Quote from: Zerila on April 20, 2008, 04:35:02 AM
Well, I totally want to do this. It sounds fun! Do we have a date set?

Um, no date set in stone yet.  I'm essentially ready except I have to post the lists online and finish collecting the prizes.  Just need the teams.

I guess if you really wanted you could split into pairs or something..

Ariamo

Quote from: Areya on April 20, 2008, 04:52:33 AM
That's the idea behind the teams, you can leech off a richer person!

Dunno about rich >.> but count me in too I guess.  Just don't bug me during my SCH exping D: but can bring Ketsu cookies. :D

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Kyuuketsuki

*bugs Aria during sch exping and eats said cookies*  :o :o :o ;D