• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Most Useful Endgame Job?

Started by Rachi, October 22, 2008, 07:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the Most Useful Endgame Job?

Warrior
Monk
White Mage
Black Mage
Red Mage
Thief
Paladin
Dark Knight
Beastmaster
Bard
Ranger
Samurai
Ninja
Dragoon
Summoner
Blue Mage
Corsair
Puppetmaster
Dancer
Scholar

Rachi

I'm curious to know what the LS members think the most useful endgame job is.  ???  Not just for parties, or HNM's, or Assaults, or Sky, or Sea, et cetera. I'm looking for the most useful endgame job period. Reason being, I'm currently leveling Dark Knight, but until i get NIN to 37 as a sub, and get me a Kraken Club and a Ridill (haha, we'll see about that :P) I probably won't be very useful end-game. So I'd like to level something more 'useful' next, and I'd like to see what the LS says.

naobi

well there are several useful endgame jobs that most LSs will always need.  finding good players who are those jobs is a different story though lol.  PLD, RDM, SCH, BLM, BRD are the most recruited that I've experienced in many endgame activities. 

Zerila

Now, who voted Beastmaster I wonder?  :o
;) :D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Nerces

In my opinion, either RDM or BLM. RDM is simply the most versatile job in the entire game. And, in general, if you want something to die faster just throw more BLMs at it.
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Areya

The short answer is:  There is no short answer.

Yes, there are certain jobs that show up more than others, however.

Paladins are the usual tank for HNM stuff.  Black Mages are often used for damage and crowd control for things like Einherjar.  Powerful enfeebles, Refresh, and other qualities make Red Mages good choices.  Death is inevitable, so White Mages are always in demand.  Everyone loves a good Bard for boosts.

The fact of the matter is though, that every job has a place.  Yes, even a "crappy" job like Puppetmaster can shine in the right situation.  (Salvage, anyone?)

While it's true that most Dark Knights are just Soulkraken fodder for HNMLS, doesn't mean that they don't have other uses.  In situations like Limbus or Einherjar, where you face many weak targets instead of just a single large target, the raw power of a DRK can be very useful.  A well timed Stun can also save the entire group.  The key is to find a job you like to play, and adapt your strengths.