• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Computer Difficulties

Started by Evanesce, November 24, 2007, 03:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evanesce

Y'know, I really don't want to clutter the forum with this, but I've got a really rough problem on my main computer right now (I'm typing from my dad's laptop currently) that doesn't seem to have any readily findable solutions on the internet.

Basically, when I try to run Firefox or IE, I get prompted with this message every time I encounter a .cfm (ColdfusionM-something file, they're all over the place on webpages): "Would you like to: 1) Open file 2) Save file to disk", the usual message for downloads. I get the prompt every time; normally, browsers automatically take care of such files, but now I'm getting prompted every time one pops up, and assigning web browsers as the program to open them doesn't work, so I more or less can't navigate the internet with my computer. I've also removed all viruses from my computer, rebooted at the last favorable registry (the computer does not recognize the problem, though), and reinstalled IE (can't get to the Firefox page to download it). Any ideas?

If anyone has any suggestions (or knows someone that does), I would really appreciate it, since I'm at my wit's end (and I *really* don't want to wipe my hard drive and start from scratch, because I'll have to write several gigs of data onto disks before doing so (and simply lose some of the larger media I have downloaded, not what I want to spend my holiday doing). Thanks, either way: I appreciate it ^^
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

negotiator

hmm, searched coldfusion and it looks like it's made by adobe and is a prog or code to make web pages.  try to google for the whole/exact error message next time it pops up.  that's how i usually figure out what to do w/ any error msgs and processes.

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home