• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Writing project

Started by Zerila, February 23, 2007, 04:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

Just for fun, I've decided to start writing some short stories based in/around Vana'diel. Starring, of course, myself :) (write your own darned stories if you want to be the star!). These stories are going to go back to my newbie days as a new adventurer in Windurst, and aren't going to be based on my real (play) history.

Anyway, I'd like to include Lucky linkshell and some of the people in it. To do that, I'd need to take some license with your character and names, which I won't do unless I get your permission.

If you want to see your name/character in a story, please reply here and let me know! I won't use any names without your ok, so don't worry. I'd also like to get a short character bio from you, to make things a little more accurate. Get as in-depth as you like, with personality quirks, style of speach (are you a taru who rhymes? Arre you a Mithrra who rrrols her "rrrr'''s? that kind of thing) favorite foods, hobbies, whatever you might like to see in the story! I may not use it all, and I may not use your character right away, but I'd try to run whatever I put in the story past you before "publishing" it (actually, just posting it here).

Since I'm going "back in time" and doing an alternate history, these stories won't have any real bearing on what's going on in-game at this time. So, tell me what job you'd like me to write you as, since that's where you're starting out :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Selan

haha, i wouldn't mind you using my name. I admit i say "shii" sometimes and "@_@." Anyways i would write more but i have to go soon lol. I will talk more to you later zeri =).
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Bakum

That sounds kinda cool and very time consuming. You can use my name if you want. I had a super long elaborate made-up background of myself when I was in TheLightsTemplar LS. They are a role-playing LS so they made me make a life story of  "Bakum" I'll see if i can find it.

Bakum

I found it.... It was still on their "New Applications page" It's from July 30th 2005. I can't beleive I actually made this up... I feel like such a tool. I knew a few ppl in that LS but really didn't like it. They are hardcore Role Playing in that LS.

My name is Bakum, I was born in Norg. I never knew my mother very well, as she was killed by pirates while i was just an infant. Ironically i was raised by the same Pirate who had slain my mother so many years ago. He had realized the terror of his ways, and decided to turn face. He took me in, and left the pirate clan to raise me as his own. Being as I was so young and also unaware of the horrible demise of my mother, I was brought up to believe he was my father. When I was 13 years old, he told me the horrific story of my childhood. The news was so shocking that I had run away. I ran from Norg, throughout the jungle. I found my way to a small village called "Khazam" I then proceeded to sneak my way onto an Airship, hiding on one of the cargo holds so nobody would find me. I had no idea where this ship was going to land.... That's when the real adventure began.

I arrived in a huge City called Jeuno. At 13 years old Jeuno is a scary place. Lots of people around, all times of the day. This is where i learned my ways of survival. Because I was still young, nobody took me serisously, and I needed to escape the big city cause it just wasnt for me. Only problem was, i had no means to leave. So i began to pickpocket the travelling adventurers, and running small scams, on bogus deals. Finally made enough Gil to leave Jeuno, and began my journey accross Vana'diel. I found myself in San d' Oria. I ran my life in the ways of a Thief. I one day decided to buy a ferry ticket and travel to Windurst, and on my way there, I saw a very familiar face..... it was my father. He had gone back to his evil ways. I knew him, but he did not know me. I had aged with time, and he didn't even recognize his own son. He and his clan attacked the ferry, and with the deepest hatred in his eyes, he attacked me. The battle went on, and I eventually killed my father with one quick slash from my dagger. At first glance i felt sad, but deep inside, I felt as though i had found my answer.

I had returned to Norg, and met with Jaucribaix. He showed me the way of the Samurai. Honor and trust amongst other things. I had changed my ways from the Thief I had once become. Here I am. A Samurai, exploring the world, and helping others to the best of my ability.

Selan

except bakum plays rdm more!
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Bakum