• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

FFXIV

Started by negotiator, June 03, 2009, 01:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

negotiator

There ya go folks!

lucky for eorzea?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

EDIT:  taken from g4
Sony dropped a bit of a bomb at its E3 press conference by revealing Final Fantasy XIV Online. Perhaps even bigger for Sony fans is that the game will be a Sony exclusive, and will be released in 2010. Given that FF XIII is expected early next year, this announcement is easily one of the most surprising of E3 so far. Well done, Sony.

Update: Well...maybe not totally exclusive. According to Square Enix's press release, Final Fantasy XIV Online will also be available on PC. So it's a Sony console exclusive, anyway.

It's interesting they gave this the XIV while there are like 10 different XIII games.
And it'll be more amusing if this were to come out before FFvsXIII.

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Malikai

It's about damn time they finally told us what "Rapture" was! If you guys remember that... >_>
Too many damn MMO's coming out that I wanna play. FFXIV, Star Wars TOR, Star Trek Online, ABP, Aion. Next year is looking the year of the MMO. haha

negotiator

you got that right.  I think i'm only going to try out SW TOR and FF14 is no question. will be there day 1. hopefully the pc release is on the same day.  I don't want to play mmos on my ps3.

Ryudei

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ryuoh

Mmmm finally a game to play.

Malikai

Quote from: negotiator on June 03, 2009, 02:21:13 AM
you got that right.  I think i'm only going to try out SW TOR and FF14 is no question. will be there day 1. hopefully the pc release is on the same day.  I don't want to play mmos on my ps3.

Well, the game is going to be released worldwide simultaneously! No more JP getting it first! Yay! I'm assuming that that said will be for the platform release as well. Mainly say this due to the fact that JP don't do MS OS really. Uh, so they'll be getting the PS3 release and we'll be the ones getting the PC. I'd like to get it for both in case I wanna play a PC game and play FFXIV on console to free my PC up.

Don't forget to sign up for newsletters about it. Nego, did you see the new TOR video!? It was fucking amazing. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49937 if you hadn't.

negotiator

Thanks for all the updates Mali.
oh just to repeat from Mali's other thread. 
The devs were too lazy to make new player mo'....I mean the characters are the same
so players can be familiar with the look  ::)

ya, saw the SW trailer, got me more excited.  I hope it's fun and more involving story wise than WoW.

Malikai

Quote from: negotiator on June 03, 2009, 11:45:04 PM
Thanks for all the updates Mali.
oh just to repeat from Mali's other thread. 
The devs were too lazy to make new player mo'....I mean the characters are the same
so players can be familiar with the look  ::)

ya, saw the SW trailer, got me more excited.  I hope it's fun and more involving story wise than WoW.

Haha yeah... the story in WoW is pretty disappointing. To me at least. I enjoy the tidbits of story I get here and there. I'm pretty sure the story for TOR is going to be an epic one for each character. For every individual even! The devs for TOR have stated that they're trying to make it so every person has their own story. Each class in the game is going to have a unique perspective and storyline to them. Sounds interesting but also hard to accomplish in an MMO. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. One thing I hope they do implement into the game is ships to own. I don't really want a hardened space battle system, but I would like to have the option to fly anywhere I choose within my ships ability. Also having a space or home to build upon would be nice.

negotiator

that's a good idea. maybe your ship could be your home!  it would suck it ppl could steal your ship tho. when ever it comes out, he can coordinate servers.

Malikai

I think that in a game such as TOR, they'd make it so people couldn't take your ship. That'd be kind of retarded. Now if you bet it in a game of Sabacc, that's a totally different story there. Or maybe you felt like you could PvP someone in a space battle? That'd be awesome! Hopefully they'd implement some system so people wouldn't constantly be worrying about losing a large valuable object such as your ship.
Living on your ship would be pretty awesome, especially if you owned a cruiser of some sort.
I'd also assume that if you were a republic commando and you were flying into a Sith controlled system or planet... you'd be SOL when they commander your ship.

I'm getting too excited about TOR. I need it noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Malikai

Even though I am more than aware that it sucks....

I'm so excited for TOR that I'm half tempted to play Galaxies to tie me hunger over. >_>

Malikai

OH! I forgot to mention this before... check out the "Holonet" on TOR's website. It's also going to be an in game feature.

negotiator

galaxies still alive? just play one of the million SW games out.  force unleashed was fun. max out your powers and play on easy.
better yet. jedi knight 2.  was so addicted to that game.

Quote from: Malikai on June 04, 2009, 08:24:34 AM
OH! I forgot to mention this before... check out the "Holonet" on TOR's website. It's also going to be an in game feature.

checked it out. that's a very cool feature.  i never played kotor so it'll help fill in the blanks.

Malikai

Hmmm... I never did finish KOTOR. I kept having graphical issues with it that wouldn't allow me to progress past a certain point. Maybe I'll install it and try again. Jedi Knight 2 was fantastic. I played that countless times through. Probably more than Dark Forces back in the day.

Zerila

There's been a lot of talk about FFXIV killing XI, but I think a lot of that is overblown. There will be a definite drop in subscribers, sure, but I think a lot of people will stay on XI because of all they have accomplished, and all they still want to accomplish, and because they don't want to start all over from scratch again.

I'll never stop playing FFXI as long as there is at least one server around. I love playing Zerila, and I love playing on Phoenix with all of you.
But to be honest... XIV at first will kind of be like back in the Beta, with everyone running around trying to figure things out, how to do things, doing things that are kind of stupid but make sense at the time (MNK/WHM in the dunes, yo!). That was the most fun I've ever had playing a game!

I will at least play a couple of months on FFXIV (while still doing my mission nights in FFXI, provided my assault and salvage teams stay together), just to try it out and see what it is like. But I don't see myself ever stopping playing FFXI. I have too much committed to just drop everything for the new hotness of FFXIV, and XI is still incredibly fun for me. The worst case scenario I see is that I will drop my Noogies account and play both games at the same time. But I want to end up on the same server as everyone else in Lucky who tries XIV because... well, I love you guys  ;D

They've been saying all along that they will continue to support and release new content for XI as long as there is enough interest. I know a lot of people won't be dropping XI, especially not right away, so I'm willing to bet that FFXI still has at least another 5 years of life in it, maybe even more. If SE gives some kind of discount plan for players of both games (which I think would be a smart thing to do) then we'll have enough active subscribers to keep the game going long into the future.

If not, then I'll start my own private FFXI server as soon as the software becomes available and fully functional (*cough* Project FFXI *cough* *cough*) and you are all invited to play :D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Malikai

Zeri~ if you make your own server; I'll come back! XD

Malikai

You may wanna check out this! http://www.incgamers.com/Events/5/Previews/74/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Preview

I totally forgot to mention this... Eorzea is the name of the world for XIV.

negotiator

i think 11 and 14 can coexist.  Alot are assuming it's a better 11, but we really don't know how the gameplay is.  it could
be completely different.  I can only assume it will be completely different because why give it an official FF number and
not xi-2.  but ya, if you ever made a free server for 11, i'd join and donate to you lol.  just make a few things easier for
us casual players.