• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

My account may have been hacked.

Started by Keisu, March 27, 2009, 11:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keisu

Ok, I went afk status last night around 7:15pm, and when I got home about 30min ago I was disconnected from POL(not uncommon).  When I went to log in a message came up that either my playonline ID or password was incorrect(I use the save password function).  When I contacted the SE help number they went through my confirmation and eveything but my address confirmed, but my address came up as the incorrect one for the account.  They have locked my account, but I have to have a form notorized and sent back to them to get my ID confirmed as the account owner.  Gonna be at least 3-4 days before I can get my account back it seems.  If anyone has seen any odd activity in the last 24 hours from my account, please let me know.  I'm worried I may have had my account hacked and my gear either stolen or sold from my character.  I'll get back to you guys if I hear anything else. Thanks.

Keisu

WHM/NIN/SAM/BRD/MNK75, PLD65, THF51, RNG50
WAR/BLM/RDM/DRK/DRG/SMN/BLU/COR/PUP/DNC37
Non-37 Jobs: BST13/SCH0~ (^o^)

Zerila

Keisu ; ;

According to FFXIAH.com, the latest activity on the AH is from the 24th, where you sold some gear (seirenshi habaki, desert boots) and you bought useshi and some meat chiefkabobs.

Hopefully, that means that if you were hacked, they caught it in time. If not, you can have them do a restore from a previous date (I believe)

I hope that helps!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Keisu

Thanks so much Zeri, forgot I could check sales history on FFXI AH site.  I'm hoping that once I get this noterise form sent in tom. that hopefully by next tues-wed. I'll hear back from them and can get my account back asap.  This is so very frustrating not just cause I obviously wanna play, but they gained access to my account which has my name/addy/bank account attached to it.  While they should have no access to my bank account number or card number, its still really worrysome. ;_;

Areya

Hopefully the damage done will be minimal at best.  Maybe having to get 1-2 levels of MNK back and redo trial weapon.

Keisu

Well at least I have an exact time frame of when I was last on the account and when it came up inaccessable.  So hopefully it will only be getting the weapon redone... I'm just really hoping my character's gear wasn't stripped irreversably.  Its just so frustrating being violated in such a manner with no control over the situation.

Elizabet

Thinking about you Keisu... Hope it all works out. Gimme some news, I'm worrying a tad.

Keisu

I sent in the notorized form yesterday moring before work, so hopefully I'll here back from them sooner then later.  Until then I'm stuck in the dark on this. :/

Keisu

Ok, the notorized form was delivered monday, just checked my delivery confirmation number online.  Hopefully their estimated 2 day processing time means I'll hear from them tom. on my day off.  *crossing fingers*  Heres hoping to see you all online tom. evening, Keisu intact and unstripped. :/

Keisu

Talked to POL folks today on the phone again and they said they are slightly behind schedule on processing this week, so will probably be tom. or friday when I hear from them about Keisu.  Miss you guys. :/

Zerila

Bakum

Man that sucks... Hopefully if anything was traded and/or sold they can revert your character back a few days to retain your stuff.

Keisu

They said that should be possible to revert my account as long as I report it within 7 days of getting the account back.

Elizabet

Keisu

Quote from: Elizabet on April 05, 2009, 01:28:24 AM
We MISS you!!!

Thanks!  Life is so much more boring without you guys! :/  Friday they still hadn't processed my form so hopefully soon... the guy I talked to said the processing of the form is what takes longest, after thats verified then its usually within 24hrs that they will contact me to restore my account to me.  Hoping to get back soon... I miss chatting with you all, and I feel unfulfilled not having finished mnk yet because of this... :/

Areya

Quote from: Keisu on April 05, 2009, 08:19:16 PM
Quote from: Elizabet on April 05, 2009, 01:28:24 AM
We MISS you!!!

Thanks!  Life is so much more boring without you guys! :/  Friday they still hadn't processed my form so hopefully soon... the guy I talked to said the processing of the form is what takes longest, after thats verified then its usually within 24hrs that they will contact me to restore my account to me.  Hoping to get back soon... I miss chatting with you all, and I feel unfulfilled not having finished mnk yet because of this... :/

Meh, crap happens.  Can't get dragged too far down because of it.

Heck, I'm on a 10 year old computer because my good one lost a bout with a lightning bolt.  (Thankfullly my PS2 was spared so I can still play!)

Keisu

Lightning tends to win against electronics in most cases, good thing the ps2 lived though! ^^  Still waiting to find out whats up with my account, and as a further annoyance, my monthly charge came through as 34.99 instead of the usual 14.99, so apparently they did something with my account before I caught them.  Calling about that and my account right now, hopefully they can at least reverse the over-charge and re-charge me the correct amount.

Zerila

Huh... I can't think of what $34.99 would be. World Transfer is $30, so that can't be it. Activating all mules, maybe?

You know, I've heard of cases where an account gets recovered with MORE gear than it started with. Maybe you'll get your account back with 16 Kraken clubs or something crazy like that...

Elizabet

If that's the case, I shotgun one of those! :P

Keisu

Well, I got my confirmation e-mail today so I just gotta call them tom. after work to get them to reactivate my account and reset the password.  Wether or not I end up having to do a restore on my account, I will be buying the security token first thing tom. when I get my account back, and in the mean time I'm gonna have to get a new, less guessable password.  Assuming I do need to do a restore, I'll be offline again for about 1week while they do that.  Gives me time to get my token in I figure.  Anywho, here's hoping I can at least pop on and say hi to you all tom. afternoon when I get off work.  I won't be on long either way, but will be nice at least to pop in for the first time in 2 weeks.

Keisu

Forgot to mention, I suggest to any of you who make a habbit of afking online for long periods do not do so any more.  Apparently a common way for them to hack accounts is to attack afk accounts while they are logged into the server to get their password/ID info then steal the account.  They use some sort of program to attack on the server end I've heard.  Dunno how true this all is but yeah... my account got hacked only the 2nd or 3rd time I had afked over night in recent memory.