• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Everyone have a good three day weekend?

Started by Selan, November 13, 2007, 07:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selan

I had to work ; ; so i just wanted to know if everyone else had a good three day weekend. Tell me what you did and if you had fun!
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Ariamo

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Zerila

Yard work on Saturday & Sunday, but I played on Monday. Got Dragoon to 62, and did three assaults with the static :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Elizabet

3 day week-end? what is this 3 day week-end you speak of?

Kyuuketsuki

People get off for Veteran's day?  :o :o :o :o

Techno viking :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Zerila

One of the perks of working for a bank is you get tons of holidays  :D

Techno Viking needs a battle axe!

negotiator

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Selan

gov. And bank jobs get every holiday off ; ; that's so unfair!
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Zerila

How is that unfair? You could work a Government or bank job, too!  ;D

Kyuuketsuki

Then they can watch you easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Ennaor

i had a 4 day weekend :)

nov 9 - 12  = 4 days vacation
13- 16   = 4 days work
17- 18 = weekend
19 - 21 = 3 days work
22 - 25 = 4 days vacation

life is good :)
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Evanesce

I'm in High School, and we didn't get Veteran's Day off ;; Isn't that disrespectful?
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Areya

Wow Eva, that's rough..  I know the schools here got out for it..

Zerila

That's too bad ; ;

It's been too long since I've been in school. I don't recall if I used to get that day off or not ^^;

Evanesce

Yeah, we've been in school for 8-9 weeks in a row without any breaks... it's terrible, and it's having a noticeable effect on the students (and teachers, for that matter).
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Areya

Is that public or private?  I think public schools are required in this state to not go on Veteran's Day, I'm not sure if it applies to all states however.

That's an awful long time without a break.  I know schools that go year-round do like 8-9 weeks then 2-3 weeks off, or something similar.

Evanesce

Mm, public school in Texas. They gave us an extra week of school, then cut 3 three-day weekends and two days from Thanksgiving Break (I'm going to school Monday and Tuesday next week).

Cilai

Yikes you have a mean school district  :o
Our school district has it worked out so that (I often think) they take too many days off. They arrange a bunch of teacher institute days (basically a clever name for vacation) so that they end up with a 5-day weekend about once a month and then the whole week of Thanksgiving off and almost 2 weeks solid at Christmas and then Spring Break. It's a wonder the kids learn anything with all the time off!  ::)