• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Furyhunter, the floor-mopping newbie

Started by Furyhunter, January 05, 2010, 06:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furyhunter

Hello, Lucky LS.

I'm applying to Lucky because you all seem very social, helpful and inviting overall, and I am fairly new to the game as a whole. I've only just started playing a few days ago after playing the trial.

My experience with the game has led me to believe that I need the help of others to gain ground and play the story out. So, I wish to join Lucky in hopes that you will be the ones to help me and, eventually, I will be able to help in exchange (either with other newcomers or in end-game content).

Currently I play World of Warcraft at the end-game level casually, so I have experience with common MMORPG antics such as class roles, terminology and encounter mechanics.

I'd also like to bring some friends with me to the linkshell, in the event that I am accepted, so I can show them the social part of the game and hopefully get them hooked. One has as much experience in MMORPGs as I.

Thank you, and I hope to see you online!

Furyhunter [Phoenix] 8 WAR

Areya

Quote from: Furyhunter on January 05, 2010, 06:51:26 AM
My experience with the game has led me to believe that I need the help of others to gain ground and play the story out.
If any statement sums up the game...   It's this one.  lol

How many friends were you planning on bringing over?

Evanesce

Quote from: Areya on January 05, 2010, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: Furyhunter on January 05, 2010, 06:51:26 AM
My experience with the game has led me to believe that I need the help of others to gain ground and play the story out.
If any statement sums up the game...   It's this one.  lol

Try as I did to bypass that, I suppose it's questionable as to how much I actually accomplished =p
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Ariamo

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Furyhunter

Quote from: Ariamo on January 05, 2010, 10:35:05 PM
He's using Ash for his avatar!
That I am. I love Nippon Ichi SRPGs :P

EDIT:
Probably 3, two IRL friends and a feller who has yet to make a character on the server (has had previous FFXI experience). I can only guarantee one of them really staying, the two IRL friends are playing on trials and it could be a few months before they manage to get the full game, if at all.

By the way, I found the linkshell via the LS Community.

Areya

Considering the PC collection of all the expansions and addons only runs like $20, I doubt it'd be too bad for them to get the game after the free trial.

Ariamo

I might be seeing another Disgaea buddy :D!

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Furyhunter

Quote from: Areya on January 06, 2010, 05:01:10 AM
Considering the PC collection of all the expansions and addons only runs like $20, I doubt it'd be too bad for them to get the game after the free trial.
Yeah, that's how much I got the 360 version for - although I also have the PC client if I ever need to use that instead. Getting them hooked is the problem :P

Yes, I like Disgaea. I'll be purchasing Disgaea 2 PSP when I can afford it - I've already cleared the first. It's unfortunate I don't have a PS3 for 3 :(

Areya

Well, I don't see any problems with you joining.  Just poke me or Ariamo or Ketsuki or someone for a pearl.