• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

A Crystalline Prophecy

Started by Zerila, March 16, 2009, 12:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

The site is live now for A Crystalline Prophecy, the first of the new mini-expansions. Advanced orders start on the 23rd, so keep an eye out for that.

Here's one interesting little bit of information... It looks like there are three distinct armors that you can get (at least a body piece) and get this... when you get the armor, you get a list of traits you can add to it.

In other words... customizable armor!  :o

Areya will be happy about that one :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

negotiator

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Areya

Customizable armors!  *waaaaaaaaaaant*

Zerila

The odds are pretty good that you can only get one of these, though... But I did wonder if, with three mini-expansions, if they're going to be giving these out for each, and you can just nab one for each one. That would be neat :)
This is going to be a hard decision... I'll need to think a lot about what to get, and what to add to it. But, if nothing else, it's neat looking :)

Subie

This is an expansion of what?

What do you think would have to be completed be doing these.

Zerila

It's not really an expansion, it's a mini-expansion.... basically, a bunch of quests/missions that get added, but no new areas, gameplay mechanics, or anything like that. But it looks like we get some neato gear rewards :)

And, speaking of customized equipment, hit the playonline site. Apparently, they're going to allow people to augment other equipment this way. The example they have on the site is a Gambison that has either +10 HP and +15 MP, or +3 STR and +5 VIT. You can't trade or sell them after you augment them, though. But, still... neat :)

I'm guessing it's only gear that doesn't currently have stats other than defense or attack, but still, it's neat :)

This update really has me excited!  ;D

Areya

But see Zeri, that's perfect, that addresses something that's bothered me for some time: the way older crafted armors are completely worthless because they have no stats.  If they're sufficiently low level (and I wouldn't be surprised if they were mid level armors, from the sounds of the stats, and they wouldn't bother making this lv 75 gear I don't believe) then they'd make excellent additions.  A +10 HP +15 MP bodypiece for a lv 50ish mage is attractive, no?

Zerila

Oh, absolutely! No, I wasn't complaining, merely pointing out that I doubt you'll get to add 5% Haste to a Hauby or anything like that.

No there's lots of level ranges where the gear options are pretty "meh". And, if anything, this might help crafters! I mean, imagine all the folks who'll rush out and buy a Doublet just for the sake of putting some +STR on it for a low-level Monk! :)

Areya

I wonder what kind of items will be eligible.  I'd love to put stats on a Garish Tunic, such a pretty model, but it has some (mostly useless) bonuses.  Or even the Shinobi Gi model for MNK or NIN.  Or maybe the Iron Scale Mail.

We'll definitely want to see more info on this.

Zerila

Well, I pre-ordered CP today. And I saw some of the stats for the gear you can get, along with the addons. Looks like I'll be getting a new body piece for BST, with Pet Attack and Pet Accuracy bonuses :)

I'm still a little on the fence, though... Because I could also get a body piece for Dragoon that I can add Accuracy and Attack to, making it a kinda-sorta-Hauby. But then, I'm aiming to get an Askar Korazin...

Decisions, decisions  :P

Well, it will probably be months before I have to worry about what to pick, so I'll worry about it later :)

Nerces

I've come to the conclusion that you either make this a macro piece, or give it some stats or a combination of stats that are not typically available for the job.
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ryudei

Shot recast -5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for unique stats I say, most anything else is available on alternate sources.

Areya

So many choices!

Just based on the jobs that really don't have good body armors for me, I'd probably end up making a BLU-friendly piece.  But we'll just have to wait and see!