• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

April 8th Update details

Started by Zerila, March 30, 2009, 02:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

So far, this is ramping up to be one humdinger of an update.
This is what we have so far:

New Gobbie Bag quests (80 spaces in a Gobbie Bag? Super-Greedalox, go! :D)

Adjustments/expansions to Moblin Maze Mongers

Fields of Valor expanding to the following areas:
Cape Teriggan / Eastern Altepa Desert / The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah / Ro'Maeve / Yuhtunga Jungle / Yhoator Jungle / Western Altepa Desert / Valley of Sorrows / Ru'Aun Gardens

Additional FoV manuals to be located in existing FoV areas, as well as new manuals located in:
East Ronfaure / La Theine Plateau / Batallia Downs / South Gustaberg / Konschtat Highlands / Rolanberry Fields / East Sarutabaruta / Tahrongi Canyon / Sauromugue Champaign / Behemoth's Dominion

New Fields of Valor NMs! This sounds like a very interesting system, where you trade tabs and gil, items, or seals in order to pop a new NM, and you get rewarded based on what you trade (for gil, you get gil, for items, you get items, and for seals, you get experience points :) )

There will also be an option to augment old equipment (probably equipment that only has a defense rating right now) with new bonuses. Not a lot of detail on that yet, but I'm very excited for it!

New WotG quests and missions, of course. Possibly a new medal rank, which (hopefully) will allow us to buy WotG AN body pieces ;)

Job adjustments to White Mage:
White Mage will get stances that will allow them to "charge" spells, based on the amount they cure or the amount of damage they take.
Really too much information to get into here, but one neat thing is that single-target Cure spells, while under the Afflatus Solace effect, will grant the person receiving the cure a stoneskin effect

Job Adjustments to Red Mage:
New "Composure" Job Ability, increases casting time, but also increases accuracy. Also increases duration of enhancing spells the Red Mage casts, but only on themselves. This will effect casting time of all spells, including ninjutsu or songs, if going /NIN or (for some reason) /BRD.

Also... Tier II enspells! Oh, yeah! Also, these enspells will reduce a target's resistance to the opposing element: Like, using Enfire II will reduce the target's resistance to Water.

Job Adjustments to Summoner:
A whole bunch of small adjustments here, mostly to the range of blood pacts, and the AoE area of Ward pacts
Hastega will now overwrite slow in the same way as the Haste spell
Also, the following Blood Pact: Rage spells have increased damage: Meteor Strike / Geocrush / Wind Blade / Grand Fall / Heavenly Strike / Thunderstorm

All in all, a very exciting update so far. Also, the mini-expansion, a Crystalline Prophecy, goes live after this update.

I have a feeling this is going to be a huge update. Probably a lot of congestion as well. If you have any events scheduled that day, I'd cancel them, just to be safe.

More notes to follow as they release more info!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Areya

I never thought that they'd make RDM even crazier...

They totally ganked my idea for stronger En spells!

Ariamo

Don't forget, I think it said that enspell IIs doesn't work with multi-hit weapons so the first hit is the only thing that gets affected.

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Zerila

Security token details announced:

Cost will be $9.99 (includes shipping and handling)
Available starting April 7th, purchase from the Playonline Viewer
Requires signing up for a (free) Square Enix account

After doing this, there will be one more step to signing in to PoL: You will be requested to enter a unique password. Hit the button on the token, it will generate a temporary password. Enter that password, and you are in. Nobody can access your account without the temporary password unique to your token (doesn't mean you can't be hacked, but the hackers would have better odds trying to win the lottery)

By buying this item, you and all your characters on that account get:
Mog Satchel! An extra 80 inventory slots you can carry around with you, in addition to your gobbie bag!

Honestly, I would have bought the token at twice the price and no in-game item and considered it a good deal, but between the low cost and the Mog Satchel... My mind is totally blown! This will rock :)

Keisu

Assuming I get keisu back safe and sound, I'm ordering one of those first day its available. (._.;)

WHM/NIN/SAM/BRD/MNK75, PLD65, THF51, RNG50
WAR/BLM/RDM/DRK/DRG/SMN/BLU/COR/PUP/DNC37
Non-37 Jobs: BST13/SCH0~ (^o^)

Zerila

So, interesting note on the security token (sales and registration start tomorrow!)... You can link up to ten accounts to a single token.

That's 10 accounts. Not ten characters. In other words, people who dual box can get one token and link it to both accounts.

I'm going to enjoy this!

http://www.playonline.com/cis/us/about.html

naobi

So each account registered will get a mog satchel?

Zerila

Apparently... each account and every character on it :)