• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Urgent notice regarding tokens!

Started by Zerila, April 17, 2009, 05:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

I've just heard via the grapevine (various FFXI forums) that some older PoL accounts are having issues with the security token. This is mostly NA release accounts, which for some reason are listed as "trial" accounts, and won't allow you to connect a Square-Enix account to it. Since I migrated my beta account, I'm betting this will affect me, too :(

A good summary can be found here

Be very careful when setting up your token!
I believe there is a way to test this without risking your account. For now, I would hold off attempting to link it if you are concerned. I will experiment with Noogies' account when I get it (hopefully today or tomorrow). If I can figure out a way to test the link without making it impossible to log in, I will detail it here.

I know the lure of the mog satchel is making people impatient, but getting locked out of your account is no fun either, nor is accidentally disabling your token, and thus wasting the $10.

I'll keep you posted, guys!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Zerila

Ok, what it looks like is that you can create an SE account, link it to your PoL account, WITHOUT activating a token, and get in just fine. If you can link your SE and PoL account, without setting up the token, then I *think* you will be fine.

Once you link the SE and PoL accounts, make sure you can sign in. Then, and only then, register and activate the token (you will probably need to log out of PoL while you do that).

Then everything will work fine, from what I can tell.

Keep in mind, I still don't have my token (darnit!) but it looks very likely to me that this will work.

Good luck, and keep the customer support number handy when you do this!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)