• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Bored (Geomancer)

Started by Zenyagi, April 18, 2009, 04:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyagi

After hearing Areya talkin about his Geomancer design on the ls, I pulled out this file I was furkin around with way back when people were speculating about what the 3rd ToAU job would be. I updated it a little, and reformatted it to be closer to Rey's job suggestion threads (its an homage, not a hijacking >.> ). I got a bit lazy with higher levels, and I'm certain it would need some work to be anything close to reasonable, but I still like the basic idea of my version of Geomancer and really think the game could use another tank class.

If/when I get bored enough, mebbe ill make them some AF armor ^^'.

Geomancer
--------

My Geo is of course based on my favorite class from (probably) my favorite game, FFT. There are other Geo-types in other FFs...  but they suck, so who cares about them ^^'.

I think of Geomancer as sort of spiritualist fighters who attune themselves to nature and their surroundings. This setup is meant to make them magical meat shields with decent offensive capabilities.

Stats
----

HP  - B
MP  - C- (or whatever blu gets)

STR - C
DEX - C
AGI - D
VIT - B+
MND - A
INT - C
CHR - D

notes: I dont imagine Geo as a stat heavy job, 'cept MND, and a decent VIT.      Their skills make up for it.

Combat Skills
----

Club - A+
Axe  - B+
Gaxe - C
Swrd - E
Shld - B-
EVd  - C
Pry  - C

notes: Yeah, club may be a little /random, but i think it suits their "earthy" nature better than axes (also, i just think it would be cool to have a meleeish class using clubs instead of having another axe-wielder, no offense to any melee whm. The other weapons fall more in line with Geomancer's FFT incarnation.

Magic Skills
----

Elemental - C+
Enhancing - C+

Equipment types
----

Clubs - Maces and Cudgels (new Geo-only Cudgels, ftw)
Axes  - Any Axe that isnt Bst-only
Gaxe  - Any Gaxe that isnt War-only
Swrd  - Any Sword a Bst can use
Shld  - Buckler and Round shields
Armr  - Cloth (Doublets), Leather (undecided)

notes: There are actually some decent tanky Cloth armors out there, would have very limited options @ high lvls tho (Mirke ftw) AF would be adjusted to compensate to some (very limited) extent. Access to leather armors would increase  melee options, I am undecided on wether or not that would be giving them too much.

Job Traits
-----

lvl 05 Resist Element  (+5 resistance against all elements)
lvl 15 Auto Regen
lvl 20 Defense Bonus
lvl 25 Resist Element II  (+10 total)
lvl 30 Auto Regen II
lvl 45 Auto Regen III
lvl 50 Resist Element III (+15)
lvl 60 Auto Regen IV
lvl 65 Defense Bonus II
lvl 70 Resist Element IV  (+20)
lvl 75 Auto Regen V

Job Abilities
----

lvl 10 - Attune: Adds En-spell effect(s) to Geomancer melee attacks according to the day of the week and the local weather condition (ex: using on earthday during fire weather would add both en-stone and en-fire); opposing elements cannot coincide and will negate each other. Overwrites any pre-existing enspell effects.

Duration - 3 minutes, Recast 5 minutes   

lvl 25 - Root: Decreases movement speed by 50% and increases melee delay by 30%. Increases Regen effect and any damage caused by "Spike" and En-spell effects by 50%.

Duration - 3 minutes, Recast 5 minutes

lvl 35 - (element) Barrier: Reduces damage of selected element by 75%

Duration - 1 minute 30 seconds, Recast 5 minutes

lvl 40 - Coalescence: 30% of any damage caused by "Spike" effects is recovered as HP by the Geomancer.

Duration - 5 minutes, Recast 3 minutes

lvl 55 - Acclimate: Changes the element around the Geomancer only, effect is negated if the actual weather condition is opposite the chosen element (bringing their elemental status to neutral), and is doubled when matching element conditions are selected (sch element spells are overwritten.) Effect will not increase in           naturally occurring double weather conditions. 

Duration - 5 minutes, Recast 3 minutes

notes: Actual numbers would need to be tested of course, but these sound fairly reasonable in theory. The % on Coalescence may need adjusting, depending on the exact formulae used by the new spike spells (listed below).

Spells
----

lvl 01 - Blaze Spikes

lvl 05 - Hell Ivy: Low Earth damage + Slow status (900 enmity generated using Kanicans numbers. Less than  Flash (1280), half of Provoke (1800). Damage, Magic Accuracy, and Enmity generated are +15% under earth conditions,+30% under double earth condition, and -15% in opposing condition. Uses Elemental magic skill and the MND stat.
            * = same numbers, different element.   

MP Cost:20 - Cast Time 2 seconds, Recast 2 minutes 30 seconds

lvl 08 - Water Shield (spike effect, chance to cause poison effect when hit. "Water Spikes" just sounds dumb -_-' ).

lvl 15 - Lava Flow(or sumtin, "ball": sounds dumb):   Low Fire dmg + Attack down effect*

lvl 19 - Wind Cloak: (spike effect, higher dmg than water shield, no debuff)

lvl 22 - Water Ball (yeah, i know -_-' ): Low Water dmg + Poison effect*

lvl 25 - Ice Spikes

lvl 27 - Gusting Wind: Low Wind dmg + Silence*

lvl 30 - Shock Spikes

lvl 32 - Snowfall: Low Ice dmg + Gravity*

lvl 35 - Stone Spikes (slighty higher spike dmg than Water shield, no debuff)

lvl 37 - Kamaitachi: Low Thunder dmg + Stun (not as powerful as the Stun spell)*

lvl 41 - Blaze Spikes II (exact #'s would need testing, best guess mebbe +30% dmg over tier 1 version and +~50% mp cost)

lvl 45 - Hell Ivy II: More damage, a more potent debuff, same enmity generated.

MP Cost:40 - Cast Time 1 second, Recast 5 minutes

lvl 49 - Water Shield II

lvl 53 - Lava Flow II

lvl 55 - Wind Cloak II

lvl 57 - Water Ball II

lvl 60 - Ice Spikes II

lvl 62 - Gusting Wind II

lvl 65 - Shock Spikes II

lvl 69 - Snowfall II

lvl 71 - Stone Spikes II

lvl 74 - Kamaitachi II

Overall
----

Strengths - Decent damage output w/ Added Debuffing.
       Very large Enmity Generation potential.
       Abilities to take some hits (esp. after lvl 40).        

Weaknesses- Will run out of MP real quick if they're not careful.
           Blood Tank without Natural Cures, keeps its WHM busy.
                   Limited control over en-spells (esp. @ low lvls).

At low levels, Geo would lack the mp and def to be the tank it is supposed to eventually become (but then, low level pld sucks too). I imagine it playing at low levels as a more melee-y rdm (using Attune to enspell and deal avg dmg, while adding geo-style debuffs). At lvl 25 "Root" comes along to begin lifting Geo into its meat-shieldy future, Regen is an often underestimated tool (imho). In theory, a Geo tank in the mid-levels with Auto Regen, the Regen spell, and Paeon songs could be fun to see.

MP and long recast timers would prevent the Geo from completely dominating enmity for any extended period of time.

Coalesence @40 should help to ease the MP burden of a Geo tank, tho as I noted the exact % of hp return would have to be tested, to find the proper balance.

The higher level spells are vague and lazy (i know), and I havent thought up a 2-hour that i like yet, but the idea is there.

/Geo - has potential for pld, rdm, and blu, prolly not a great option for anyone else.

Just an idea, seems fun to me ^^' (final note: excuse the sloppy. formatting, its neat in the notepad, turned to slop when cut/pasted ^^')

Areya

Well, since you posted yours, I'll post my writeup in progress:

Geomancer

Background:  Geomancers first showed up in FFIII (Japanese numbering), and had a more significant role in FFV (mostly the ability to not take damage from terrain).  They made a much more prominent showing in FFTactics.

Overview:  Dark Knights are a powerful melee class with access to many magic effects, but the fact is that their elemental damage abilities and status generation is very meager.

Geomancer is a Dark Knight variant, focusing more on the elements.  Not only do they care about the weather and the day of the week, they even care about the very terrain they fight on.  During their varied travels they will come across skills from the corners of Vana'diel and unleash nature's fury on their opponents.

Stats
---------
HP - B
MP - C

STR - B
DEX - D
AGI - D
VIT - B
MND - C
INT - C
CHR - D

Combat SKills
Great Sword - A+
Great Axe - A-
Axe - B
Sword - B
Club - B
Staff - D
Evasion - D

Magic Skills
Geomancy - A-

Equipment Types
Great Sword - All
Great Axe - All
Axe - Tabars, Light Axes (no Picks)
Sword - Broadswords, Anelaces
Club - Cudgels
Staff - Staves

Armor - Leather, Bone, Light Mail

Job Traits
----------
Lv 10 - Weather Attune
Gain +stats temporarily while under the effect of weather.  (Compare to Stormsurge.)  +3 max, +1 all for Dark.

Lv 20 - Accuracy Bonus

Lv 25 - Prism Resist
Adds +5 MDB and +10 resist for all elements.

Lv 30 - Max HP Boost

Lv 40 - Day Attune
Gain +stats temporarily based on the day of the week.
+3 max, +1 all for Dark.

Lv 45 - Weaather Attune II
+6 max, +2 all for Dark

Lv 50 - Max MP Boost

Lv 50 - Prism Resist II
Adds +10 MDB and +20 resist for all elements.

Lv 60 - Max HP Boost II

Lv 65 - Day Attune II
+6 max, +2 all for Dark

Lv 75 - Prism Resist III
Adds +15 MDB and +30 resist for all elements.

Geomancy
--------

Geomancy is a special breed of magic flowing forth from nature.  Each terrain type has a selection of three offensive moves and two defensive moves.

Terrain Types
Many areas have multiple types.
-------------
Plains
Grassy areas.
Ex: Sarutabaruta, Konschtat

Forest
Tree-filled areas.
Ex: Ronfaure, Zi'tah, Bhaflau

Rocky
Harsh, gravelly terrain.
Ex: Gustaberg, Sauromogue

Tunnel
Narrow, twisty tunnels.
Ex: King Ranperre's Tomb, Horutoto

Building
Artificially made structures.
Ex: Zvahl, Al Zahbi, Pso'Xja

Cavern
Large, expansive caves.
Ex: Ordelle's, Kuftal

Mountain
High altitude, rugged.
Ex: Meriphataud, Grauberg

Beach
Shoreline, seaviews.
Ex: Valkurm, Teriggan

Sandy
Dusty, sandy areas.
Ex: Gustav, Everbloom

Ocean
Deep, salt water areas.
Ex: Ferry, Grotto, Arrapago

Desert
Arid, dry climates.
Ex: Altepa, Fort Karugo-Narugo

Volcano
Lava-filled, seismically active.
Ex: Ifrit's, Mount Zhayolm

Jungle
Tropical, lush rainforests.
Ex: Yuhtunga, Yhoator

Snowy
Frigid, cold biomes.
Ex: Xarcabard, Leujoam

Marsh
Swampy, murky areas.
Ex: Pashhow, Caedarva

Cliffs
Wind-swept canyons and rock faces.
Ex: Attohwa, Tahrongi, La Theine

Spring
Streams, pools, rivers.
Ex: Boyahda, La Theine, Rolanberry

Cermet
Cold, unusual structures.
Ex: Delkfutt's, Ru'Avitau, Hu'Xzoi

Reef:
Atolls, coral regions.
Ex: Korroloka, Arrapago

Otherworldly
Places beyond normal natural tendencies.
Ex: Empyrial Paradox, Hazhalm, Al'Teaiu

Which terrain applies matters which area of the zone you're currently in.  For example, in La Theine, the main area is Plains, the areas around the faults in the earth are Cliffs, and the areas around the ponds are Spring.

Learning Geomancy
-----------------
By default, a Geomancer has one move from each region.  To learn more, he has to fight in each terrain type.  Much like Blue Magic however, higher moves do have level requirements.
Example:

A Geomancer starts with "Gale" for Plains, which does a low amount of wind elemental damage.  At level 30, he can learn a new move, Stormbolt.

Stormbolt (0/100)
Deals lightning damage to a target.  Additional effect: Stun.

To learn Stormbolt, he must defeat 100 mobs while standing on Plains terrain.  These mobs must give him some exp.

At level 36 he can learn Spring Breeze.

Spring Breeze (0/75)
Recovers HP for party members within area of effect.

For this one he must kill 75 mobs.  If he hasn't learned Stormbolt yet, he will get credit for both spells for each kill.  He does not have to get the killing blow or even attack the mob at all, if he's in a party his fellow members can do the work.

However, he does not have to fully learn these spells to make use of them.

Lv 1 - Geo Force
Recast: 30 sec

Invokes a random geomancy effect based on the current terrain.

This JA cannot use any moves above the Geomancer's level.  However, a Geomancer that is lv 37 standing on Plains, can randomly generate Gale, Stormbolt, or Spring Breeze.  Lower level moves are more common, with the strongest moves being much rarer.

Auras
-----
So what does the Geomancer do when he's fighting ice-based mobs in Ulegeurand range and doesn't want to use ice magic?  This is where Auras come in.

Lv 20 - Aura
Generates a magical terrain of your choice.

Any terrain that the Geomancer has been to can be recalled.  For example, a Geomancer could call up a Volcano Aura and unleash fiery geomancy on icy denizens of the north.

This doesn't come free, of course.  Auras are a special nondispellable buff with a perpetuation cost (-1), much like avatars. 

Example Moves
-------------
This is the main reason why my writeup isn't completed yet, but here's some samples.  Many attack geomancy moves inflict different statuses on the target.

Simoon (Jungle) - Lv1
Deals fire damage to target.

Rock Slide (Mountain) - Lv1
Deals earth damage to target.

Geyser (Spring) - Lv1
Deals water damage to target.

Debris (Building) - Lv1
Deals physical damage to target.

Elf Fire (Otherworldy) - Lv1
Deals light damage to target.

Lavaburst (Volcano) - Lv 43
Deals fire damage to targets within area of effect.  Additional effect: INT Down

Dark Echo (Cavern) - Lv 48
Deals dark damage to target.  Additional effect: CHR Down

Vineburst (Jungle) - Lv 32
Deals earth damage to target.  Additional effect: Bind

Twister (Plains) - Lv 72
Deals wind damage to targets within area of effect.  Additional effect: Choke

Corona (Desert) - Lv 68
Deals light and fire damage to target.  Additional effect: Flash

Sirocco (Jungle) - Lv 71
Deals fire and wind damage to targets within area of effect.  Additional effect: Defense Down

Ancient Cloud (Building) - Lv 66
Deals earth elemental damage to target.  Additional effect: Petrify

Leaf Surge (Forest) - Lv 52
Deals physical damage to target.  Additional effect: Gravity

El Nino (Ocean) - Lv 74
Deals water damage to targets within area of effect.  Additional effect:  Drown

Darkmist (Tunnel) - Lv 23
Deals dark damage to targets within area of effect.  Additional effect:  Blind

Dunestorm (Desert) - Lv 59
Deals earth damage to targets within area of effect.  Additional effect:  Blind

Nova (Otherworldly) - Lv 40
Deals light damage to target.  Additional effect:  Dia

Snowstorm (Snowy) - Lv 71
Deals ice damage to targets within area of effect.  Additional effect:  Bind and Frost

Heaven's Bolt (Cermet) - Lv 47
Deals lightning damage to target.  Additional effect: Shock

--------

Cure Water (Spring) - Lv 10
Heals a small amount of HP to target party member.

Sunsurge (Desert) - Lv 39
Adds Regen to party members in area of effect.

Lava Shield (Volcano) - Lv 44
Adds Blaze Spikes to party members in area of effect.

Blizzard Mail (Snowy) - Lv 48
Adds Ice Spikes to party members in area of effect.

Mermaid's Song (Ocean) - Lv 68
Adds Refresh (+1 MP/tick) to party members in area of effect.

Natural Spring (Mountain) - Lv 15
Heals a small amount of HP to target party member.

Gaia's Embrace (Rocky) - Lv 34
Grants Stoneskin to user.

Rainbow Shell (Reef) - Lv 67
Adds +25 resist to all elements for party members in area of effect.

Aether Wall (Otherworldly) - Lv 20
Adds Protect to party members within area of effect.

Venom Shield (Marsh) - Lv 50
Adds Venom Spikes.  Enemies that hit you are inflicted with 10 hp/tick poison.

(Lots more to come eventually.)

Two Hour
--------
LV 1 - Nature's Wrath
Geomancy can be used regardless of terrain type.  Cooldown on Geo Force is set to 0.  Odds of rolling high level Geomancy on Geo Force increases dramatically.

Artifact Gear
-------------
Gaia's Blade - Lv 40 Great Sword
DMG47 Delay460 INT+2 HP+20

Druid's Crown - Lv 60
DEF18 INT+5 Doubles rate of learning geomancy

Druid's Jacket - Lv 58
DEF43 HP+25 Geomancy Skill +10 Accuracy+5

Druid's Gloves - Lv 52
DEF12 MP+10 Attack+5 STR+3

Druid's Brais - Lv 56
DEF25 MP+20 MND+2 Magic Attack Bonus +4 

Druid's Boots - Lv 54
DEF14 HP+10 MP+10 Evasion Skill+5

Thoughts:
Geomancy can do a wide variety of effects, and while it is weak compared to spells from a BLM or BLU, are strong enough to be feared.  They're more of a compliment to the job's heavy weaponry.

Since they don't have access to heavier armors, their defense is rather low, much like a Monk's.  Their accuracy can be low without proper support as well.

Subjob options: Since two-handed weapons are the prime weapons for Geomancer, /SAM isn't a bad idea.  Spell timers will flake, but Geo Force is unaffected.  /WAR is also a good choice.  For a more magic oriented Geomancer, /BLM boosts their spells nicely, although /RDM may be a more utilitarian choice.