• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Final Fantasy IV - The After Years

Started by Zerila, June 17, 2009, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

http://na.square-enix.com/ff4ay/

I'm both excited and very nervous about this game! Final Fantasy 4 is still one of my favorites of all time, and I would love to see a sequel... but then I remember Final Fantasy X-2 and cringe a little.

We'll see how it goes. If it captures the spirit of the original, I know I will love it :)

This makes me wonder, though... SE isn't just doing new Final Fantasy series, they're also expanding old ones. This could get really crazy really fast. As exciting as it is to think of revisiting some of these worlds, part of the charm (for me) was that it was a completely encapsulated story. When you were done, you were done and that was it. If they keep adding sequels, I don't know how that will change the feel of other FF games.

And it is entirely possible to retroactively harm a really good original story with a horrible sequel (think: the Matrix!)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Kyuuketsuki

I liked X-2. :'(

And the Matrix sequels!!! :'(

Also: Hi Zeri. :D

Zerila

I liked most parts of X-2 and the Matrix sequels, but some of the parts were... kind of disappointing  :-\

Like, I loved the Dress Sphere system (though I would have preferred if they kept the original sphere grid) and seeing the after-FFX world of Spira was cool, but there were some story elements that bothered me... like, the skimpy costumes, especially on Yuna, which seemed so out of character for her.

Matrix Reloaded had, quite simply, THE best car chase sequence I've ever seen.

I used those as examples because the one sequel that bothers me the most (Black House, sequel to the Talisman) may be too obscure for most people... :P

Anyway... Ceodore, yay :)

And, Hi Kets!  ;D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Ryudei

FFX-2 and Matrix sequels were awesome!  What's wrong whichoo!!!  FFIV was the first I played in the series and is a close personal favorite, they better make it friggin BEYOND AWESOME!!!!!!!!

WOOOOooooooooooOOooooOOOOooo~

Areya

Every time they go back and add stuff to old games I die a little inside.

Like how FFV on GBA had new jobs...

Or the new dungeon and ability to swap characters in the last release of FFIV...

Or the really bizarre easy mode of FF1 on FFOrigins...