• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Greetaru-ings and Salutaru-ations from Eezypeezy!

Started by Eezypeezy, June 24, 2009, 07:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eezypeezy

Cello!

I found Lucky Linkshell from http://fanzone.playonline.com/lscom/index.do through http://www.ffxiplayerguide.com and Lucky seems like the perfect place to be. My wife (Auroranamaste, who should be joining these forums soonly) and I started playing FFXI last week and we're really enjoying the game. Right now, I'm a lvl 14 Tarutaru Red Mage and Auroranamaste is a lvl 13 Mithra Monk. We decided we wanted to find a big social LS that enjoys playing the game and has fun questing, levelling, fighting NMs, finding treasure, etc. but wasn't all "ima ub3r-l337" because that's really not who we want to be hanging out and chatting with for hours on-end. My in-game plan is to level up all (or most) of the mage jobs, so when I hit 18 and complete the sub-job quest, I'll be working on RDM/WHM/BLM so I can fit into any situation as needed. Then, after 30 I'll work on Summoner and Scholar and maybe Blue Mage, but I'm not sure about the last one.

I've been playing RPGs my whole life - literally since Adventure on the Atari 2600 and Eamon on the Apple II, but this is my first MMO. We picked FFXI as our first MMO because I've played (and finished!) all of the other mainline Final Fantasy RPGs (I've got two spinoffs - Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core - sitting on my shelf, I just haven't made the effort to go past the opening cut-scenes yet) so I thought I was already somewhat familiar with their gameplay and game mechanics. When the very first FF came out on the NES, I played it all the way through literally dozens of times with every combination of character classes I could think of. I can still remember where the best coin-farming and level-grinding spots were depending on what point in the game I was at (in fact, I found it pleasantly surprising that the six FFXI starter jobs exactly matched the original six FF starter jobs - very cool!). My greatest FF feat to date, though, is finishing FFXII with 100% completion. All characters at lvl 99, all side-quests completed, all Hunts and Marks found and destroyed (including Omega Mk. XII and Yiazmat), all Summons (Espers) gained, the highest rank in the guild achieved, etc...

I can bring cookies and juice, but I'll probably need to eat and drink at least half of it all myself, sooo...first come, first served I guess. ;) Auroranamaste is looking like she'll be the cook between the two of us, so I may end up being a clothier or something like that anyway. Actually, I'm open to suggestions for my craft of choice; if there are any holes to fill in Lucky's crafting arena, I can start working towards that, so lemme know!

We look forward to having lots of fun with you guys!

Eezypeezy
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature I am useless. I must write my signature true. I must write straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me.

Areya

All about Fire2'ing Frost Wolves or Mummies in FF1 for massive exp!  Or maybe the Hall of Giants in Earth Cave...  Or the ZombieD's in Ordeals...

Well I wouldn't call us a "big" social LS these days, but there's usually people around.

I've got no problems with either of you joining.

Majestica

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Kyuuketsuki

Majestica

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Zerila

I'm a bigger nerd than both of you multiplied by each other, then SQUARED! :D

I also have no objections :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Auroranamaste

Hello all...Auroranamaste here. I'm very glad Eezypeezy contacted Lucky Linkshell before me, cause I'm a nerd of a different flavor. The art and creative flavor. I'm completely new to online gaming and role playing games (let's not judge). But I'm having lots o fun playing the game. I think it will be great to have a group to learn from and chat with. Since Eezy posted his first message, I've started leveling up a Thief (lvl3 now). So far, so good. We're hanging around Windurst now, so hopefully we'll see you in the game soon!

Namaste...
Aurora

Eezypeezy

I THOUGHT I was a huge nerd until a friend of mine made "Weapons of Middle Earth" and "Star Wars: Vehicles of the Empire" quizzes on Facebook and WOW. I just...wow...I've demoted myself to semi-nerd status after having gone through those.

Also, we're both in Windurst now figuring out our gear and managing our auctions. We'll most likely be heading up to Tahrongi Canyon with her Monk and my Red Mage for some levelling action in a little bit.

Hopefully we'll see some of you soon!

EZPZ
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature I am useless. I must write my signature true. I must write straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me.

Zerila

Oooh, I was in Tahrongi last night leveling my Dark Knight. I'll be on this evening, and if I see you out there, I'll get you both a pearl :)

Majestica

Eezypeezy

@Areya: My faves were Green Ogres and Giants for massive exp and coinage.

@Zerila: Gaah! We were literally WALKING OUT OF WINDURST last night and turned to each other and said "Don't we both still need to do that Mission in the Horutoto Ruins?" So we changed our minds at the last minute and finished Mission 1-2. Hopefully we will actually go back into Tahrongi Canyon tonight for levellings - we'll post here beforehand when we do.

@Majestica: Done! Accept my FB friend request and I'll send you the quizzes.  :D

EZPZ

Majestica

What lvl are you guys now? I have a 14 drg or an 18 smn that both need some exp-age. I dunno what time I'll be on tonight though, I'm babysitting for friends. Ain't I sweet?  ;D

Zerila

What, your own babies aren't enough, you need more?!

Greedy... 

;D

Majestica

My friends are going to see Dane Cook in Columbia. So I am watching their kids. My house will probably get trashed in the process and it will keep me busy tomorrow cleaning it all up! 10 days til Bartleo comes home u know ;)

Eezypeezy

We're still lvl 14 Taru RDM and lvl 13 Mithra MNK...we got almost zero exp last night in the Ruins. With the two of us together, we were just too overleveled for that mission, I think.

Aurora will be playing in a RL softball game starting in a few minutes (last minute emergency replacement call) so with the 95+ degree heat outside, it may take her a little bit to cool down afterwards and be collected enough to jump online this evening. We'll post here when we know our plans tho! If nothing else, I may get on and start on my WHM or BLM, but I was kinda hoping to complete the subjob quest before doing that so i could at least have my RDM as a subjob while working on one of the other mage types.

EZPZ

Eezypeezy

YAY! Aurora's home and excited to get it on in Tahrongi Canyon!

Dinner first, then FFXI - we should be on in about 45-60 minutes.

EZPZ

Majestica

You should get it on in your mog house though.... THEN go to Tahrongi Canyon... someone might see you!   ::)

Eezypeezy

Well THAT'S a given...you didn't think it would take us an hour just to eat dinner, did you? 8)

Anyhoo, now that we've got that out of our system, we should be in Tahrongi soonly. Apparently anyone who's anyone who's also a lower-level character will be there - see you soon!

EZPZ

Eezypeezy

Thank you everyone for helping us out last night! Majestica babysat us all night and the three of us went up quite a few levels in the meantime. Areya provided support for quite a while and Tabby and Ketsuki chimed in with the ?moral? support. ;D Plus quite a few others whose names I'm not yet familiar with (sorry!).

We'll be in and out of the game this weekend as schedules allow, so we'll see everyone around!

EZPZ