• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

More news on XIV

Started by Malikai, August 06, 2009, 01:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

negotiator

Also, this is very important which can greatly
affect your score.  Go into ati control
Panel and adjust your 3d settings.
It's a slider bar that goes from performance, medium, and quality.  Run the test on performance first and if that's acceptable, push it higher.  You really shouldn't be getting such
A low score with your setup

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Majestica

Well here is my stats and I will try everything you suggested. My video card is an ATI Radeon 3100... it's also a laptop but I picked this one because it had a better memory card... AND a full-sized keyboard because I could NOT play ffxi without the numpad o.o

haha I said memory card up there because I'm drunk >.< But I meant video card.
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Majestica

Ok I ran the benchmark again after doing a defrag, installing updates, running disk cleanup and turning off Norton. (Nego, I dunno where the ati control panel is?) I scored 225 this time!
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Zerila

Yay! That's... er... exactly the same :o
Well, I guess that didn't work :(

Ati control panel.. erm... there might be an ATI icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen, or it might come up under Start/Programs/ATI, or you might be able to find it under display properties in control panel.. I don't know, I have nvidia cards in mine, I forget where to find that. If you don't have it installed, then that might be part of the problem. Try installing the newest drivers for your card from the ati site :)

I don't know how much better yours can get, Maj, but it should be higher than that, I would think!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

negotiator

right click on the desktop, there should be a "catalyst control center", if not go to properties/adapter tab (i think) and see if you can get into it from there.

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Majestica

Yay I found it under programs and then catalyst control center. Turned it down to Performance and ran the benchmark and scoooored.... 224 =(

Zerila

By the way, did you apply for the FFXIV Beta? If you get into that, you might be able to have a better idea of whether or not FFXIV will run on your laptop, and how well.
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Majestica

No I never heard anything about it =( Chris got an email today but it looks like a phisherman email =(

Malikai

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still alive!!!!! hahahahahaha

Malikai

Majestica

Just thought I would let you know, Caity watched with me and said "I yike dis show. It pretty."