• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Abyssea Blue Magic

Started by Areya, August 04, 2010, 06:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

Thought I'd throw this out there, even though next to nobody seems to care these days...

After dying twice trying to solo learn, I decided I'd give up and go back with help.  But it's hard to find help for Abyssea zones since a lot of people just flat out don't want to buy it.

But, if anyone wants to help me learn Acrid Stream and Blazing Bound, it would be appreciated.

Zerila

I'd like to play some more in Abbysea, so I can definitely help :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Ryudei

Can't you make, like, 50k exp an hour there now or something!  I seem to recall hearing or reading something CRAZY like that at some point in the distant hazy past.

Areya

Quote from: Ryudei on August 04, 2010, 10:31:46 PM
Can't you make, like, 50k exp an hour there now or something!  I seem to recall hearing or reading something CRAZY like that at some point in the distant hazy past.

Put it this way:  I joined a good alliance as a 78BLU with about 31,000 to next level, and four hours later when I got tired and left, I was capped exp for 80 AND had gotten 9 merit points.  Abyssea doesn't mess around.

(Edit:  For reference, that's about 213,000 experience in four hours.)

Problem is you basically need a full alliance and you need BLMs, BLUs, and other magic-capable jobs as well as a large number of melees, which can be a little tricky.

Selan

damn i remember when 10k exp with 4x rng party was amazing!
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Majestica

It's nice to see BLM are needed now. I remember it was pretty rare to find one in your exp party!
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Areya

Quote from: Selan on August 05, 2010, 03:52:30 AM
damn i remember when 10k exp with 4x rng party was amazing!

Yeah, traditional merit parties are a bit rarer lately, it's just hard to compete with the sheer speed of Abyssea once it starts running smoothly, but it's a lot more complicated and you really do need basically a full alliance to keep kill speed up, and things can go awry if Time Extensions don't want to drop.

Quote from: Majestica on August 05, 2010, 03:38:15 PM
It's nice to see BLM are needed now. I remember it was pretty rare to find one in your exp party!

Yeah, Black Mages and Blue Mages got a huge break, since they're both the primary means of magic kills.  Scholar to a less extent, they usually end up healing.

Areya

Special thanks to Zerila and Dragonmstknight for taking time to help me out.  Not that it took very long (2 Clionids for Acrid Stream, a single Limule for Blazing Bound).

Areya

*wave* Me again!

And yes, I need help with Abyssea Blue Magic.  Again.

This time around it's Osmosis (from Amoebas) and Benthic Typhoon (from Murexes) in the Scars of Abyssea zones.  Help would be appreciated!

Zerila

Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Areya

Thanks to Dragonmstknight I picked up these two as well, although it was quite a bit more painful, taking several attempts.