• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Empyrean (AF3) Feet Hunts and Seal Hunts

Started by Areya, November 04, 2010, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

The Scars of Abyssea areas have some Empyrean Armor (AF3) activites.  Now, while you can find groups to do these kind of things, I'd prefer to help out Lucky members and not some greedy random.

First, the AF3 feet are obtained randomly (and rarely) through golden chests in these zones.  A small group (maybe a party, maybe slightly less) would be able to farm the chests fairly well.  I've managed to get some feet solo and duo but can't grab Time Extensions so the window of opportunity after building up Amber light is very small.

Secondly, to upgrade all the AF3 pieces to +1 status (where they start to become useful) you must trade in 8 of the proper seal.  For example. to upgrade Unkai Kabuto to Unkai Kabuto +1, you require 8 Unkai Seal: Head.  There are repeatable quests that can yield these seals, but some of these quests are difficult/expensive to repeat.  However, they also drop off of some NMs in the zones.  Therefore, we could organize some NM hunts for these.  Many of these NMs can be taken down with a small group.  Not to mention they also yield equipment.

If you're interested, let me know.

Zerila

Oooh, DEFINITELY interested!

Um... I know I haven't been on much lately, I've been reading a lot of books ^^;;  I just finished the latest Wheel of Time book, because I absolutely HAVE to read those obsessively until I finish (it came out on Tuesday and it's 800-900 pages long  :o) I'll be starting to play more often starting tomorrow :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Areya

Trading one minor addiction for another huh, Zeri?  :-P  Joking.

As a side note, for gold chest farming I prefer Murexes, they yield every type of light, and they're pretty soft, but you have to really be careful since they pack high level wind and thunder damage.  Aero V really hurts (unresisted it can hit over 1k) and really high level ones can access Thunder V!