• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

FFXI Ultimate Abyssea Collection

Started by Areya, April 28, 2011, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

Quote from: Inafking on May 04, 2011, 01:14:41 AM
I still need a turtle shield

I'm actually holding on to a set of Genbu pop items already, lol.

Zerila

I wouldn't mind doing gods, if I ever get to play consistently outside of Saturday Abyssea :P

Ketsuki, what did I say that made you cry? I'm sorry :(
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: Ryudei on May 04, 2011, 01:49:20 AM

*Looms over Ketsuki*

COME BACK!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'(

;;! Maaaaaaybe!

Quote from: Zerila on May 04, 2011, 02:00:14 AM

Ketsuki, what did I say that made you cry? I'm sorry :(

You invalidated my argument!

Elizabet

Whats the gear situation? Old gear obsolete? or still worth going back to get? IE: Am I still gonna want a Adaman Hauberk? How's Ancient Currency? Should I keep what I got and continue Apoc?

Areya

Quote from: Elizabet on May 05, 2011, 01:50:28 AM
Whats the gear situation? Old gear obsolete? or still worth going back to get? IE: Am I still gonna want a Adaman Hauberk? How's Ancient Currency? Should I keep what I got and continue Apoc?

Old gear is mostly outclassed for the moment.  However they're going to add ways to augment old gear.  This update has upgrades for god and abjuration gear (Genbu's Shield, Seiryu's Sword, Crimson Scale Mail, Dalmatica, Shadow Breastplate, etc.)

Ancient currency has been going for like 8-10k/coin at the moment.  Even though the coins are easier to get than before.

Relic weapons (and mythics) are currently on the weak side in comparison to Empyrean weapons, but SE has mentioned they want to improve them somehow.  Empyrean WSes are very powerful overall.  Caladbolg seems to be much prefered over Ragnarok, but I have yet to see any Redemptions (as opposed to seeing many Apocalypses and Twilight Scythes).

For the moment, Abyssea and Magian gear tends to beat anything including crafted gear, but that will probably change later.

Elizabet

Well look at that my FFXI is at 75% complete updating...

Boomstick