• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

What's in your wallet?

Started by Ryudei, November 11, 2011, 09:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you consider to be "a lot" of gil?

100,000,000+

Ryudei

So I'm idly wondering to myself, in today's economy where most gear is r/e obtained in Abyssea or VW but income can be fairly lucrative if you do something like farm Dynamis currency daily, what really weighs in as "a lot" of gil.  To clarify, this isn't the purchase price for that high ticket item you may be eyeing on the AH, but the overall amount of gil one person might be carrying on their person for you to acknowledge them as friggin loaded!  I kinda wish there was room for more vote options but, alas, I can only pick 5.

So, what say you!  How hyper-inflated is the market?

Areya

Quote from: Ryudei on November 11, 2011, 09:38:24 PM
I kinda wish there was room for more vote options but, alas, I can only pick 5.

Hit (Add Option) and it'll make more options.  How do you think I had lists of 20 jobs?  lol

Ryudei

Ahh, had to allow scripts, wasn't working before.  I reset the votes to get more options up!

Majestica

Can you have more than 99 million gil? I sadly never had more than 1 million at any one given time....
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Areya

Think the gil counter goes up to 999,999,999.  Think I remember a screenshot floating around with some guy with 150M or so.

In general I think currency is a little inflated, largely due to the fact you can convert cruor to gil by getting certain items with cruor and selling them to a vendor for gil.  Thus it doesn't involve the AH.