• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Short Stories, Skits etc.

Started by Lunet_Moon, November 13, 2011, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunet_Moon

Just a couple of random writing ideas that I've come up with. Most are still in the to be completed file really.

~ The Origin of 'Mew' ~

- Origin - A story that came to me after someone asked a question about what my catchphrase "Mew" meant. It can really mean a lot of things but anyway I thought up this story to explain why indeed Lunet occasionally says Mew~

It was a light Vana'diel Firesday as a young woman with light auburn hair rode on a Chocobo toward her destination, by her side walked another young woman with almost the same hairstyle as she except with a darker color brown.  They talked about various things as the chocobo took her to her destination. The place was a large house with a fairly nice yard. It was definitely differnent than the mog houses most people had become accustomed to while in the city. The young woman got off the Chocobo and patted it on its beak. The beast happily cried out as the young woman feed it a green leafy vegetable from her pack.

"Okay be a good boy now, run along and play." She again patted it on its beak and the Chocobo happily strode off.

The young woman followed by her partner lightly tapped on the door to the residence.  An elegant young Elvaan woman opened the door with shining radiant eyes.  She was pleasantly happy to see the two visitors and it showed on her face.

"Mistress Lunet, Sharlene its a pleasure to see you! What brings you by today?" The young Elvaan woman asked as she let the two ladies in.

"Hi there Radi-chan, I came by to see Areya of course, she said she wanted to show something to Ariamo and I, where is she by the way?" Lunet walked in and Sharlene had taken her pack while Sharlene headed to the living room area of the house to relax.

"Oh she's in the basement cooking up another experiment you know how she is." Radille responded earnestly. "Would you like some tea?" Lunet shook her head and headed down to the basement area of the house. She came upon a semi-large door and knocked on it.

"Who is it?" A relatively confident voice came from the other side.

"It's me hun." Lunet opened the door and she beheld quite a spectacle. It was a large room full of shelves. Each shelf containing different items related to experiments.  One contained various books on alchemy and cooking, another had a large variety of potions stacked neatly on it.

"Wow..." Lunet stared in awe at the various things scattered around the room. In the middle stood a large cauldron almost like one would think a witch would use. Next to it stood a beatiful young woman with light red hair wrapped in a neatly bun, she was stirring something in the pot when she looked up to greet her visitor.

- To be continued -

If you forgot who I was that's okie.  Chances are I've forgotten you too. Don't fret after all the rediscovery is always the best part!

Areya

Now you know you can't just tease us with that much!  Looking forward to seeing more.

Lunet_Moon

~Part 2 ~

"Hi there Lunet, took your time didn't ya where's Aria?"  Areya continued stirring the pot as a small amount of smoke was beginning to emit from it.

"Huh, oh her, she said she need more time to get ready I told Balu to keep on her and make sure she doesn't trip so often. Anyways whatcha up to is this what you called me over for?"

"Yes" Areya stopped stirring and gestured Lunet to head over. The mixture was a strange array of various colors almost forming a rainbow. The smoke that had released earlier had completely disappeared. As Areya began explaining what was coming up above a knocking came at the door. Radille had stood up to answer it. A blonde haired young Mithra stood on the other side of the door. Her face was somewhat covered in dirt, a young Tarutaru was standing behind looking a little exhausted.

"Oh my Mistress Aria are you alright?"  The blonde mithra nodded her head. "Is Onee-chama already here?"  Radille nodded and pointed toward the door that led to the basement. As she let the girl in though she managed to trip on the way to the door. Radille shook her head somehow feeling that something would happen at the end.

As Areya was explaining the specifics to her new concoction Aria bounded in with a bundle of energy and leapt on her target. The target collapsed with a very heavy umph.

"Aria! Get off me!" "Meow Onee-chama! It's so good to see you! I've missed you!" "You saw me yesterday! Now get off!" The young woman pushed with all her might and the young mithra girl was pushed off.

"I see your as friendly as ever. Anyway here's what I came here for you to see." Areya walked over to a shelf containing the potions Lunet had seen earlier. On it one potion stood out from the others. It gleaned in what looked a bright silver.  Lunet stood up and dusted herself off, while Aria went off examining the other things on the shelf. She wasn't one to really listen to lectures and it looked like Areya would be on a long one. As Areya began explaining and Lunet listened Aria let her mind wander she read the various labels on the potions on the shelf.  She took one out and opened it it had a rosy smell to it.

"Hey Onee-chama smell this... whoops.." She never saw the small little item on the floor. The potion spilled out dripping its contents right on mark. Lunet was drenched.

"Ugh, what is this stuff.." The potion took almost immediate effect. Cute little kitten ears began appearing on her head, while a furry tail sprouted behind her.  Lunet turned to notice a nearby mirror. "Wha... wha... what did you do to me!?"

-- Part 2 End --
If you forgot who I was that's okie.  Chances are I've forgotten you too. Don't fret after all the rediscovery is always the best part!

Ryudei

Lunet_Moon

~Part 3~

Lunet stood aghast at the very vision of herself in the craftily placed mirror in the corner.  Cat ears adorned her head, cute little whiskers were on her cheeks and a furry tail was sticking out from behind her.  If she didn't know better it would be that she had become a Mithra.  She pinched her cheeks to try and convince herself that maybe, just maybe this was a well placed nightmare. The only thing she felt however was the pain accompanying a cheek pinch.

Meanwhile Areya and Ariamo stood in almost awe at the person that stood before them.  Not only was she completely different from how they saw her normally, she also sounded a little different.  Areya immediately took out a pair of glasses and began examining Lunet from top to bottom pulling on her ears, whiskers and of course tail.

â€œMew! Ow hey quit it Areya! That hurts!” Lunet shuffled uneasily as Areya was beginning an examination. Though she knew it wasn't to attempt to fix her to normal. It was probably because one of her potions had finally turned up a desired effect.

â€œMew! Hey Areya! Do something about this! I can't stay like this!”

â€œOh wow I really didn't expect it to work this way! It's so fascinating!” She lifted up her glasses to see with her own two eyes.

Ariamo on the other hand was still standing there in awe.  She always thought her Onee-chama was a relatively cute person. However seeing her in this new-found state made her bound for joy. So much so that she couldn't help herself and pinched Lunet's ears and tail to see if they were in fact real.

â€œMew! Ow! That's it! Don't do that anymore! Hey Rey! Are you listening!” Lunet huffed her voice rising in anger, and a bit higher than it would normally sound which made it sound somewhat comical.

â€œOh sorry about that. I don't have a reversing potion yet, I was working on that right now.” She lifted her glasses back down to her eyes and went back to the pot. “It should be done in a day or two, you could wait and come back if you'd like.”

Lunet narrowed her eyes as she stared at Areya. Areya could tell she was still upset about the sudden transformation and almost instantly knew what she was going to ask before she even said a word.
   â€œYes you can stay here while I work on it and no I won't say a word to anyone on the Linkshell about it. You see this is why I told you to leave your pearl sack in your pack.”

Aria had finally started paying attention to the conversation and produced a sky blue colored pearl from her pocket.

â€œMeow~ You mean we were supposed to leave them in the pack?”

A chill went down Lunet's spine as she turned over to Aria to ask her a question.

â€œAri-chan~ You did remember not to activate the pearl right?~” Her voice was sweet but it held a very angry tone lurking in the shadows.

â€œHmm oh yes I did see its off.” She put the inactive pearl back in her pocket.

The young woman sighed with relief, exhausted with what had just happened within a few minutes time she went upstairs to try and get a drink.  Upstairs the three fellows were chatting with each other telling about their recent adventures when a voice rang up from near the basement door.

â€œRadi-chan? I think I'll take up your offer on that tea.”

Radille stood up to head to the kitchen speaking as she went.

â€œOf course Mistress Lunet...”

Her voice trailed off as she saw the young woman emerging from the basement. Well at least she thought it was a young woman, well it had Lunet's voice accompanying it.

â€œMistress Lunet.... is that you?”

â€œYes, Radi-chan I'll explain later...” Lunet sighed as she headed into the living room.

~ Part 3 End ~

Lunet_Moon

~ Part 4 ~

Lunet slept peacefully almost getting used to her cat ways while on the couch of Areya's living room.  It was already the next day, everyone other than she, Areya and Radille everyone else had gone home.  There was no way she was going to go out in public looking like she did.  Some cross-hybrid genetic experiment.  There was also no way she would be able to explain to the head family why she looked  like this in the first place.  Before she had gone to sleep though she had made a call to a friend to come by today.  Just as she expected the door to Areya's residence began knocking.  Radille went to answer it as she had been gingerly reading in the living room.  Instantly a massive bound of energy began to enter the room and proclaim with great abandon.

â€œThe cutie Laliho is here!”

Lunet immediately snapped to attention awoken from her nap as she stared at the brown haired Tarutaru that now stood in front of her.  Of course said Taru was also surprised to see her, she of course expected to see the Hume girl she had come to known, not this strange person she now saw.

â€œEep! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!”

â€œLali relax, its me.”

Laliho stood back agape... the person in front of her knew her name! She even spoke to her in a friendly manner... then it struck her that although the voice was higher, it was definitely a voice she recognized.

â€œMaya-chan... is it really you?!”

Lunet quickly hushed the Tarutaru as she let slip something incredibly important as Radille was coming into the room, she luckily had not heard some of the Tarutaru's outburst.

â€œOh.. I mean Lune-chan yeah is it really you?!”

â€œUh-huh... it was this reason why I called you here. I want you to record that Areya did this to me in case we need to use it later.  Anyway I also wanted to ask, did you finish making the item I requested?”

Lali stood back to entertain her inquisitor with the answers to her questions.  “Uh-huh I see this could work. Oh yes I finished making it, I sent it to your home, is Lady Areya home today?”

â€œShe went to get some more supplies, you know you don't have to be that formal anyways”

Radille smiled as the exchange went on between the two young ladies, she had almost forgotten why she had come in there in the first place.  However before Radille come resume her train of thought another knocking came at the door.

â€œOh my, so many visitors today, I don't remember Lady Areya making so many appointments today.”
   She muttered as she went to the door to answer and see who it was.  On the other side of the door stood a young man dressed in a light blue tunic.  His reddish-orange hair hung at his sides in a sideburn, he flashed a smile as he tried to place a name to the person in front of him.  He was good at remembering though so the name sparked to him.

â€œRadille correct?”  “Why yes and you must be Master James, Areya has talked so much about you! Come in~” She invited the young man into the house.

Lunet and Lali however were too deep in conversation to notice the young man as he arrived in the living room.  Lunet of course had heard his footsteps as he had come in, so she looked up to see who it was.  Once she did though she froze in realization as Laliho turned around to see the new visitor.

â€œOh! James its so good to see you!”

~Part 4 End~