• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Drink Moniker

Started by Areya, November 26, 2011, 11:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You want a carbonated beverage.  What do you say?  "Give me a  ____?"

Soda
5 (55.6%)
Coke
2 (22.2%)
Pop
1 (11.1%)
Cola
0 (0%)
Some other name
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Areya

Oldie but goldie.

Around these parts we call everything a coke!

Majestica

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Ryudei

I'm sure I've asked this before but I've forgotten the answer so remind me:  In areas where you call soda "coke", how do you specify that you want a coke?

Majestica

In my experience, you say "I'll take a coke." and they say "Sure. What kind?" lol
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Ryudei

And then you say "A coke dammit!"

But really, do you say Cola instead?  Or do you have to say Coca-Cola?  Or maybe coke-coke!  What do they do!

Ennaor

Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Ryudei

That's a totally different discussion!  Though I'll drink either.

LoneKenT

Canned drink in Indonesia.
Toronto is pop.

Zerila

It was always "pop" while growing up. But now that I'm better traveled and so much more sophisticated, it's "soda" :P
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Majestica

lol well I grew up in Ohio, and we called it pop. Even at the grocery store, the aisle sign said "Pop" ;) I moved to Japan, then to SC and then to Florida and I still call it pop, and my kids call it pop so NYA :P (Much to their daddy's dismay! heehee)

Kyuuketsuki

It's "boisson gazeuse" in French (carbonated drink), but they almost always just say "soda".

Suji

I grew up with everything being called "coke" too, even pepsi or mountain dew or anything from a soda fountain, basically. if you actually wanted coca cola, you had to clarify by saying you wanted a "coke coke" ;)

Areya

Yeah, Suji knows what I mean.

It's funny though, when I went to Phoenix on a band trip, a girl at a concession stand actually said "coke" too.  Usually it's the South where that term is prevalent, from what I've seen.

Soda doesn't really bug me, but "pop"...  *shudder*

Majestica

What's that? I couldn't hear you... I was opening my can of pop.

Areya

*steals your can of coke*

Ryudei

The lines have been drawn!

Zerila

Oh, wow! My whole state is solid blue! Well, except for a little green... since blue equals "pop" and I say "soda", that means that I am such a unique snowflake! :P
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Ennaor

Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Ryudei

Trust an engineer to turn this into something infinitely more complicated...

;p

I think I'd call those all beanies but I'm definitely too lazy to make sure!