• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Server payment coming up

Started by Ryuoh, March 10, 2012, 10:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuoh

Hate to ask this but i dont use this hosting at all for anything but luckyls.com so I really dont want to pay for the hosting which is 240 dollars for another 2 years.... If anyone wants to cover it then ill keep it open if not then ill just let it expire .

Areya

Hmm, not sure if there's enough site activity to warrant $240 for it.  We'll see what we can do though.

What kind of alternatives do we have?

Ryuoh

I might be able to throw it on my server at home but its not very reliable and subject to be down at any random time.

Ryudei

Hmmm, when's the actual expiration date, end of the month?  I'd pitch in but that's pretty steep given the activity here.

What you been up to lately d00d, any MMOs or anything or hardcore working now?

Ryuoh

It ends on 2012/06/08 that is pretty expensive but its the cheapest plan that dreamhost has. I used to have other linkshells pay for it cuz there website was also running on it but i dont really play anymore and the other linkshells all broke apart.

Ive been way too busy to play any kind of mmo lately just been working and going to school and stuff. Im most likely gonna play diablo 3 when it comes out though and i do play league of legends from time to time.

Reinah

Dreamhost is RIDICULOUSLY expensive, there is no reason to be using it...
I have hostmonster, which is relatively inexpensive and has good support. I think it's currently at $6/mo, with the domain free for 1 year? For 2 years, that adds up to ~$144 + Domain cost for the second year.

Reinah

Also, maybe a paypal we can send the $ to?

Areya

There's a Donate button in the corner, does it not work Rei?

Ryuoh

Yah ill most likely switch hosts. And yes that donate button does work. And i went with dreamhost because it was 89 dollars for two years just about two years ago and i was trying to get away from godaddy.

Reinah

Gave what I could... Being a broke college student I don't really have much to give, but hopefully enough people can scrounge up some cash.

Ryuoh

ive got a total of 40 so far. Most likely going to have to switch hosts though its no where near enough for dreamhost lol.

Ennaor

we should start an npr/pbs style pledge drive.
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

negotiator

pitched in.  hopefully more will come in.

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Selan

I just donated. Tell me how things are going and give me an update when you can Fzi.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Nulani

If it'd help and everyone would be fine with it, I could host?

Hello, by the way. I still check in from time to time.
Evil is Good.

Areya

Oh hey Riann, been a while!

Mmm, I dunno, you'll have to talk with Fz.

Nulani

Evil is Good.

Areya

What's the latest info on this issue?

How much has been raised?

If Nulani wants to host it, I'd be all for it.

Mostly we're in the dark about the status!

Ryuoh

Sorry ive been crazy busy i have enough raised to go to a cheaper host. Im going to be moving it this weekend.

Areya

Alright, cool, thanks for the update!

I know you don't play anymore and this site is probably a slight thorn in your side, so we do appreciate what you do for us still.