• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Trying to reinstall ffxi >_>

Started by Ennaor, July 30, 2011, 04:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennaor

Hi....
So I dusted off my old copy of FFXI & Rise of the Zilart and tried to install it but when I tried to start PlayOnline it didn't work...I was wondering why it doesn't work?  Has anybody had that problem before?  I am a noob again ;_; ... Am I going to have to buy a new copy of FFXI?  Will I be able to recover my old character?  Thanks...
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Areya

The Ultimate FFXI Collection is $20, and you can use the codes for it to get Abyssea.  Not sure what your POL issue is, but they're doing some POL work lately.

As far as your character, as long as you know your old info should be fine.

Ryudei

What kind of dastardly devil would hinder your triumphant return!!

But yeah you'll want to get the expansions anyway, best to get the Ultimate Collection!  Plus you get an item that turns you into a chicobo and stuff!

The pact is sealed!  There's no turning back after this post you know!!!  ;)

Ennaor

I have all the expansions though... I dont know why playonline won't start and I don't even get a error message or anything.  I guess I could look into getting the ULTIMATE COLLECTION after I finish my cupcake :)

Areya

Don't mention cupcakes too much around Ketsu!

And question:  Are you using Windows 7?

Ennaor

Areya

You have to do something special for Windows 7 and the game, there's something on Playonline's website about the details, or someone here that has it can explain it.

Ryudei

Oh!  Yeah there was something like that involved wasn't there...  Try the stuff here!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html

Ennaor

this is a lot more work than i thought it would be  :P

Ennaor

8 hours left of updates and i still need to install the expansion packs.  i guess i will try playing later this week  8)

Ryudei

So you'll be online tonight right!

Time for Pankration and Brenner madness!?  Man, haven't done either of those in ages...  Maybe it's time to finally perfect my Apkallu!

Make sure to talk to Joachim as soon as you can to start your traverser stone (Abyssea entry item) counter!

Ryudei

(Joachim's in Port Jeuno btw, the new lag zone!  Whitegate is emptyyyy.)

Zerila

Enna! I've missed your shooty-Guu avatar!  ;D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Ennaor

Quote from: Zerila on August 16, 2011, 02:04:54 AM
Enna! I've missed your shooty-Guu avatar!  ;D

Guu is one of my favorite anime characters!  Not that many people watched the series ^^