• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Seekers of Adoulin Announced!

Started by Areya, June 23, 2012, 07:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

I'm sure most of you know, but I'll repeat it here.

SE announced a fifth expansion of FFXI, Seekers of Adoulin.  It's slated to be released next year.

And, of course, a lot of the interest is about the two new jobs, Geomancer and Rune Fencer!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/index.html

Vivec

Wait, why is that being called the 5th expansion? Are they not counting Zilart? lol

Zerila

Did you notice "Supported systems" at the bottom? No mention of PS2, just PC and XBox 360...  :o
Not sure if that's an omission, or if they're really making an expansion that PS2 players can't get to.
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Ariamo

If you look at the Japanese version of the site, there's still a PS2 version for the expansion.

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Areya

Quote from: Vivec on June 24, 2012, 08:00:50 AM
Wait, why is that being called the 5th expansion? Are they not counting Zilart? lol

Zilart, CoP, ToAU, WotG, SoA

Abyssea is classified as "Battle zone addons".
And the other three mini things are like "quest addons".

Quote from: Zerila on June 24, 2012, 06:34:43 PM
Did you notice "Supported systems" at the bottom? No mention of PS2, just PC and XBox 360...  :o
Not sure if that's an omission, or if they're really making an expansion that PS2 players can't get to.

PS versions are probably gonna be digital downloads only, i.e. not released in stores.

LoneKenT

I'd guess that they gonna have ps2 release in JP onry because not enough PS2 user in EU or NA to justify PS2 release for their region.
This might be the result from that console survey we had.

Areya

PS2?  Maybe not.  But PS3, maybe.

Ariamo

I think it's because PS2 is more popular in Japan than here :x

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Majestica

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Areya

I used to.  Had to get PC version a couple of years back because of area code dialing.

LoneKenT

Bayohne's post
QuoteGreetings,

I’d like to take a moment to clarify which platform Seekers of Adoulin will be available on for those that have been asking. We will continue to support North American FINAL FANTASY XI players on the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and PC (Windows) platforms. However, FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin will only be available on the Xbox 360 and Windows platforms in North America when it is released in 2013.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/24596-FINAL-FANTASY-XI%C2%AE-Seekers-of-Adoulin?p=330245#post330245