• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

GW2 Server

Started by Areya, August 30, 2012, 12:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

Jess (Kallisto) wanted me to mention this so...

Several LS folk that are playing Guild Wars II are on Tarnished Coast server.  So if you're playing that, maybe check there.  Selan is there too.

This is tentative and may change later.

Kallisto

Heya Lucky Members!

First of all, thanks so much Areya for posting this thread!

Ok so it's been a long time since I've been here, and I really apologize for the super quiet Kalli.  I hope everyone has been doing very well these past few years, and I also hope you're all having fun within whatever real life ventures you're into!

Ok so Guild Wars 2.  Like Areya said, there are a few Lucky members playing on the server Tarnished Coast.  Myself (Kallisto), Negotiator, and Selan are currently playing on this server.

This isn't necessarily our 'permanent' server, but at least for now we're there.

I just wanted to make this post to outline a few things about the Tarnished Coast, and why it might be a great server for you, or possibly why you might want to avoid it.

Tarnished Coast is the unofficial Role-Playing server for the US servers.

(Still reading?  Yay! Lol)

Ok so what does that mean?  Let me explain:

Unofficial just means a group of Role-Players on the forums randomly chose this server to go to.  This does not mean you're expected to be a big all nerdy pants (like myself lol) and speak in Shakespearean. 

Here are a few Pro's and Con's to 'RP' servers from my perspective:

Pros:

-Generally better population stability (in other words players aren't going to disappear when another MMO / Game comes out)

-Generally a more mature community (You typically won't see Poopy Pants McGee running around in the world on an RP server.)

- Usually less Elitism (There usually aren't debates going on like "No my build is better you suck!")

Cons:

-There will be Role Playing in chat (/say) (Not for sure if thats a pro or con for you, but thought I should put it somehwere)

-Role-Players are more readily to hit the report button (If you have a really bad name, talking inappropriately  in shout, or make fun of other players in a mean spirited manner... you are more than likely to be reported for it here.)

-Less priority on PvE / PvP (Role Players aren't as concerned with progression as hardcore players.  That's not saying there is zero progression, but it's just not a primary factor)

So how can this affect your game?  Well PvP wise, the servers do get bonuses for World vs World vs World for example; better money drops from monsters, higher crafting chances, etc.  Will this super effect your game?  Most likely not, but it's upto you.

So in conclusion I really wanted to give as much info towards this server as possible.  This is an unofficial Role-Playing server, so again you're not required to do anything on this server than have fun and follow the code of conduct from ArenaNet. 

Of course, if there's an overwhelming amount of Lucky members that want to play together, but not here I'm sure there won't be a huge protest against switching servers!

Thanks for reading!
The only true test of courage is the last.

Kallisto

I thought it would be appropriate to post a couple links that would help prevent getting knocked with the ban hammer, because ArenaNet is pretty strict.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

Here's their naming policy:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-naming-policy/
The only true test of courage is the last.

Selan

Thanks for the posts! The game is quite fun, so I recommend if it you have time and want to try a new game! Plus there is no monthly fee!
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

negotiator

so far as i can tell, most ppl are normal and not all "fate of wind whips out his pants, and puts on the wizard hat..." it's not official so as far as arenanet is concerned, it's a regular server.

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Ennaor

Too many servers >.<  Kageneko, and Aphinitea are on Darkhaven.  I think I'll join that one :X     
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Selan

Hi Ennaor. Have you started playing it yet? If you have, please tell me your name in game.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Nulani

I have this, and I'm on Tarnished Coast.
nulani.6958
Evil is Good.

Selan

Oh great Nulani. I will invite you to the guild I made in the game =).

ikethegreat

I wish I had seen this thread before I started playing :(

Selan

Hey Ike. What server are you on and what is your name in the game? It is always possible to transfer to our server!

Malikai

I guess this means I can switch servers and have some people to actually talk to. I don't even remember the name of the one I was on. Don't really get on since there's no socializing in it for me. Umm... what's everyone's names so I can add you?

negotiator

What's your name and I can invite you.

Malikai

Malikai

Guess I should also put this in the list on the FB page. XD

Malikai

Pink is hard to read! Yay me.

negotiator

Ennaor

My characters name is "far field"   :-X
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

negotiator

Ryudei

Finally dug this up and made a character, Cyril Avaran if you guys are still around!