• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Lilith Rose~ Present! [Application]

Started by Lilithrose, January 28, 2013, 12:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilithrose

After a series of unfortunate events I'm on my second attempt at FFXI~!
And I'm here to stay, Lilithrose@Phoenix!

Q: How can 2 attempts be called a "series" of events?
Let me answer that... despite my high anticipation for the game which I read from magazines, I couldn't find it anywhere when it originally came out. It was somewhere between 2004/2006 I stumbled on the game somewhere rather ruffled in the corner of a store with the bonus expansions "Chains of Promathia" and "Rise of Zilart." I immediately bought it! Luckily I had a fair computer that should be able to play it, so after a long installation off all 7 cd's I came to the old PlayOnline registration menu, where it would not for the life of me let me continue without a credit card... which I don't have, and my parents were/are paranoid hippies so that didn't quite work out well in my favour. Leaving me to de-install the game and save the box with utter disappointment. >.<~

I saw several different collection boxes pass by, trying to beat the temptation knowing I couldn't play it any way without their desired payment method... though I've tried a few things. It wasn't until 2011 that I saw the game went on sale on Steam where the temptation finally got the best of me to give it a shot and explore the options. It finally allowed Paypal!!!

Q: So you played it!!! How is that a "failed" attempt?!
I played alone in the beginning. Everything was new and sooo broad for me I didn't know where to start! Quite literally sadly... and I'd like to think I've been spoiled/dumbed down by modern MMORPG's in the meantime, but I honestly don't think that's the case. I don't need my hand held, but it feels like the game expects you to know Vana'diel already and hardly, if at all tells you where to go. I don't mind figuring things out, but being dropped in a huge MMORPG, that can be very frustrating!

Though, what I've seen was great. And the community of Final Fantasy XI is still one of the best I've ever seen out there. This lead me to come back here now, but inadvertently also lead me to leave back in 2011. I found a great LinkShell with awesome people on Bahamut and had a great blast. We leveled, gathered items and did the dual job quest. Though, and I don't blame them for this because I know things come for granted when you've played that long... but as a new player, I kind off just got dragged along. Grabbed the items they told me to grab, and kind off followed their instructions without being told why I was doing them. So every time I was online alone, I was even moreso hopelessly lost... but now in a place I know even less about. Frustration about a game I loved, tried so hard to get into but hopelessly felt smacked down from.

I'm in no rush! Looking for a kind and fun filled LinkShell!
Let's enjoy and play together!

Areya

That's some tiny, tiny text.  *zooms*

I've no issues.

Lilithrose

Well, not sure if it's about issues when it comes to linkshell applications, but I'm at least glad there aren't any. <3
Trying to find a list of people I can sent the request to ^^

Also sorry to strain your eyes, lucky modern technology allows for auto-squint/zoom mode to be enabled on request.

Areya

Mmm, can poke me if you see me on.  Or Suji.  Or somebody...

Few ppl with pearlsacks like to afk during the mornings.