• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Can't use SE account management system

Started by Goduro, April 03, 2012, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goduro

I am locked out of FFXI b/c I haven't linked my ffxi with my SE account.

Trouble is... I can't seem to do anything on their website for very long before they require me to log in again.

It's really annoying.. I think after a certain amount of time, it'll just make my next click kicks me back to the login page.

Customer support told me to disable firewall and virus protection... didn't want to, but I humored them.. still no change.

I have cookies enabled, tried on Chrome, IE, and Firefox... result was all the same.  All I want to do is give SE money so I can play... but they're not making it easy for me....

Anyone know what I should do?

Areya

Quote from: Goduro on April 03, 2012, 08:26:05 PM
All I want to do is give SE money so I can play... but they're not making it easy for me....

Which seems counterproductive on their part.

I don't really know what to suggest.  Hard to say if it's on your side or theirs.

Goduro

I fiddled around with stuff in IE and I made it give me a pop up every time there was a an error.  What is "addEventListener"?  The box said it could make the site not work right.

This is what i got:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 02:55:30 UTC

Message: Object doesn't support property or method 'addEventListener'
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/authori

Message: Object doesn't support property or method 'addEventListener'
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/authori

LoneKenT

do u have plugin that block javascript? Need to enable javascript

Or your ISP is blocking some site. Can use a proxy to bypass, but free proxy is risky.

Not quite sure, but addEventListener seems like it fail to communicate with the other site it's supose to

Ennaor

Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Goduro

nope :(   gonna try when i'm back in the US (Redmond, WA) sometime between  May 23rd - June 13