• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

When I was a newb I....

Started by Ennaor, March 21, 2006, 08:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennaor

I think it would be fun to post our newb moments... when I think about mine it makes me laugh, so here are mine:

1.  I didn't know what linkshells were so I thought the color by your name symbolized what job you are... i.e.  White ball = White mage, Treasure Bag = Thief
2.  I thought South Gustaberg was so huge and when Kageneko and Aphinitea took me to the Leaping Lizzy spawn area I thought I was sooo far from Bastok
3.  I thought Qufim was were all the high level players xp'ed.
4.  After dying I would log out cause I thought that was like a game over.
5.  When I got my first advance job as paladin I wore -mp earrings
6.  I thought people who were /anon were people logged off and the game controlled their characters while they weren't playing o_0
7.  When somebody offered me my first linkshell I didn't know what it was so I didn't want to accept it cause I thought it was a hax/virus!  So when I finally accepted the linkshell and equipped it I logged off right away!
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Selan

1. I thought hitting lvl 7 and first wearing leather armor was so hawt.
2. I remember thinking Latheine was huge, and once i hit the dunes i was becoming high lvl.
3. I pt'd with zephera in the dunes 2+ years ago.
4. I then met Lowone and jstjnxy as a warrior in kazham.
5. I remember thinking 4k a stack for moat carp was a shiii load of money
6. I thought DRK was the ultimate DD in the game, better than any other.
7. I thought DRG was ACTUALLY good. XD
8. I thought PLD was the onri tank @_@.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Areya

1) I remember being in a level 10 party all the way in Highlands, killing sheep.  I got aggro from a Thunder Elemental and the others didn't and I had no idea it was because of magic aggro.
2) My first Dunes party went in and pulled a Star Bat (lv 11 pt).  We promptly had to zone.
3)  I remember the first seemingly forever choco ride from Jeuno to Windurst.
4) I remember being on the ferry and seeing a lv 50 character get mauled by Sea Horror in two hits.  "Wow is that thing killable?"
5) I got lost in Altepa for like two hours trying to find Rabao as a lv 40 Red Mage.  I was trying to get there to buy Dispel.
6) I spent three hours lost in Glacier as a 41 Red Mage.
7) When I first got Raise I spent days in Dunes just raising people, lol.

Ariamo

1. When I thought I was gonna be stuck at level 2 WHM cuz I kept dying against Rarabs in Sarutabaruta when I was too low for them.
2. When I got lost in the Glacier trying to figure out what I was doing there and then dying then remembering that I was supposed to be getting the teleport quest done and having to start over.
3. When I met Selan <.<
4. When I died as a 40 WHM and couldn't wear anything cuz I deleveled.
5. When I met SSG.
6. Moo

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Phoenixblade

1. I met Onisama and recieved a link pearl and was like Huh?! Do I eat it, wear it, or what?
2. I thought Ronfaurre was the world, then I found KRT, then I found La Thiene. The world was a big place and just wouldn't stop growing.
3. I met my first JP who powerleveled me and 4 of my first friends to level 18 and thought that this was how it was always gonna be, nice JP people, fun times, easy xp. I was wrong.
4 I met Mr. Sea Horror face to face  for the first time and wanted to know if it would be my friend... Yeah we all know the answer to that.
5. I met Teorem who raised me after I got killed on my way back to Sandy from the dunes.
6. I found my way to Jeuno and was like "Oh em gee!!! This place is awesome." Then I found out about Tax. lol
7. I got my first 50k and thought I was rich then I looked at a Leaping Boots and saw they were like 100k or 150k and was like "damn... ;;"
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Kageneko

1. Farmed bubbly bernie for money!
2. Was a Hume o.O
3. Made most my money form farming crystals!
4. Thought PLD was the coolest thing ever!
5. Saw a lvl 34 nin in the dunes and was like ZOMG UBER HIGH LVL!
6. Saw an Osode in Jeuno for the first time and firmly believed I would never be cool enough to be like Sevenstar (still am not ^^)
7. Got my first linkshell and tried to put it in my ammo slot

Anonymous 194

1. tried 4 ages to firgure out how i can heal ;; then went and fished asome money to buy a potion and fought 2 more monsters before someone nice told me how to rest
2. thought yagudos were the king of the world and ran like 7 miles around them
3. thought that running away from monsters and then turning around to hit them was smart
4. was a thf20/blm10 for support DD xD
5. thought that the highest level you could get was 30
6. got to kazham and thought it was the best place ever to level in

Bananarama

:O ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is banana why i was logged in :o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E2HmF173UzU&search=wow%20wank saaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss

negotiator

lol these are great!
1) i did not know how to con mobs
2) lvl 10war a jp took me to dunes and put me in full pt for the first time....i didn't voke....i guess i was tank |disbanding party|
3) halon gave me first ls.  didn't know what it was. i felt elite after seeing a list of ppl to talk to.
4) at lvl 18, 2 friend and i took ship in selbina for adventure. we thought the pirate music was cool...skulls, not so much (X.X)
5) went from sandy to konch to pashow to rollenberry to get to jueno.  OMG i was scared.
6) "grab a mob" "wtf is a mob?"
7) got subjob at lvl 21(still did not know how to con mobs)
8) got up to 34war/12mnk in pts
9) listening to newbie mages on how to play a melee
10) trying to lvl thf and have fun

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Nulani

I've never been a newb!
Evil is Good.

Selan

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."