• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

The Official Lucky Chocobo Raising Topic!

Started by Areya, August 26, 2006, 09:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

That's right, the place to post all sorts of random things whilst raising your little chicken nugget..  er..  chocobo.  Feel free to post stuff like names, questions, etc.

As for mine:

Stardust Eagle - male

Just hatched out a couple hours ago.  Took him for a couple walks.  They sure seem to take a good chunk out of his energy.

Areya

Day 5 Update:

With the huge amount of chicks needing fed on the server, price on choco feed and Lizard Eggs (used in most recipes) went nuts.  I'm personally making a killing on the Vegetable Paste.  Fed Stardust Eagle 2 of them, it made him completely full.  Feeding him one made him "not hungry but not full".  Chocobo raising looks like it could cost quite an amount.

Selan

i still need to do this quest, will probably do it sometime this weekend
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Ariamo

Name: Einhorn Blaues(Fancy name)

Condition: Everything's at poor...wah.
Took him for a couple walks...

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Benien

CrimsonFury(Male!)hesthetotalsexyandlikewtfmyspacebarwillnotwork;;;;;;

Areya

Day 7:

Been trying to mix up the food, using paste sparingly and using greens for filler.
Day 6 - Vegetable Paste, Gysahl Green
Day 7 - Gausebit Green, Gysahl Green, Vegetable Paste

Apparently my chick has a problem with crying at night.  The Galka guy gave me a White Hankercheif, apparently if I keep it and get my scent on it, it'll help the chick out.

Yesterday while walking the chocobo, same Galka came out, introduced a choco chick named Bloods, the two seemed to get along.  Today while walking, he taught me "Story of a Worrysome Chocobo" (a key item), not sure how to actually use it though.

I've been alternating between taking a walk through town and listening to music, but tonight I think I'll just let the poor guy rest.

Areya

Day 12:

The Handkerchief worked, it seemed to stop the crying.  I had the choco rest two days, not realizing you can't feed it during this time...  I grew some Zegham Carrots (Wildgrass Seeds + Ice Crystal) to increase its mental properties, but it's still rated Poor right now.  Today SdE wasn't feeling too well so I gave him a Tokopekko Grass, by tomorrow he should be okay.

Areya

Day 19:

Finally, the little one is starting to grow up.  Now that it has matured a bit, more care options have opened up.  It's now basically a mini version of a full grown chocobo, yellow with splashes of white on the end of some of its feathers, which most likely means it's not a special chocobo.

Been continuing a varied diet of Zegham Carrots, Sharug Greens, and Gysahl Greens.  Attributes are all still Poor, however...  Been making it listen to music, but now I've swapped to playing with children to improve its Discernment.

Areya

Day 21:

Yesterday the trainer informed me that SdE was "bored and restless."  He recommended competing to try to fix the problem, so I did just that, as well as a walk out to the Highlands.  This solved the problem, thankfully.

Grew a few Azouph Greens so will rotate them into the diet as well.

Areya

Day 24:  (I'm sure you're getting bored by now.)

So SdE seems to be getting bored every other day, which is quickly remedied by competing.  Still a bit annoying.  I learned a story of a happy chocobo from one of the racing guys a couple days ago.  He really seemed to love the Azouph Greens, he "ate them all in one gulp".  I'm guessing they may be a superior type of green.

Armakoy

these arent boring rey keep em up! you're provding great info for people like me that are a little behind you XD i want Jet Jinpu to be the fastest chocobo ever!!

Cavin

I ran into that sleep bug. 4 days of snoozing and unable to feed. Loyalty took a major hit. Anyone else get that issue?
*insert witty phrase here*

Areya

Day 31:

On Day 29, my choco finally became fully grown!  And yep he's just plain and yellow.  Anyway, started the chocobo whistle quest.  Finally successfully finished it.

Basically, since there's been some confusion about it..  You take your choco out for a walk.  And you get the option to search for an item.  You have to not get caught while searching tho.  It took me 6 tries (short, medium, and the rest of the walks were short).  I noticed that usually the message was "Your chocobo looks very happy.", but the time I found the item, it said "Your chocobo is completely absorbed in the surroundings.", so that may help some of you.  *shrug*

After noticing you can't call the choco at Xarcabard (not too surprised), I went to Yhoator and called him, and rode him to Norg.  One thing I discovered very quickly was his speed.  Because I had been neglecting his physical stats, his running speed was quite sluggish.  But the ability to call him when I'm out in the field randomly is quite handy.  (Like, for example, if you were going to a Yhoator Jungle party, you could bum a Tele-Yhoat, and then use the whistle to choco to the party, or back to Kazham afterwards.)

Oh yeah, don't forget to go back and bind your chocobo to the whistle once you get it.

Still working on raising up SdE for now.  After a while I may retire him and attempt to raise another.

Ryuoh

Thats pretty cool. I wonder what happened to my Chocobo when my account went inactive

Armakoy

negotiator

is there a lvl requirement to riding your choco?

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Areya

The chocobo whistle is a lv 20 neckpiece, with 25 charges.  You can get it recharged for "a fee", though not sure how much that is yet.

Areya

Day 33:

I tried out "Exhibit to the Public", which netted me all of 200 gil.  Woo!  I'm rich!  ("Now you do a good job showing off, mama needs airship fare!")  SdE's affection went down but it was nothing a walk couldn't fix.  Also to my surprise, his Receptivity bumped up to Substandard.

Areya

Moved my choco "diary" over to a blog.  Can still use this for questions/answers and such.

negotiator

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home