• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

The Pit!!

Started by Zerila, September 10, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

Pankration in the Pit starts today! I'm so excited to try this out! Though, I'm a little nervous about my connection, I still had nothing this morning when I got up to go to work :(

Who wants to go monster-collecting? :D

Kets, Ryu, I think our choice of pets is obvious, right? Let's go get us some Wyverns!

Edit: oh, yeah... forgot to mention, Ding DRG 42, solo :)

Edit2: More Cake please!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Ennaor

the pit is awesome :D  You should try it!  Come and fight THE BEAST!
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Armakoy

Selan

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Zerila

Kyuuketsuki

Seran is boring!!!

Although, I really haven't messed with any of the pit stuff at all. I watched a match that first night.. and that's about it;;;;

Zerila

I was able to get a pet into a fight before work, though I wasn't able to stick around to see it...  I took a bunch of pictures and I didn't know which one it was when I was going to make an Official Reflector, but it turned out to be a Taurus. I named him Brutal Jack.

I can't wait to get home and see if he won or (most likely) lost! :)

Armakoy

oooo if they can do DOOM i bet taurus owns lol

Zerila

It may be able to use Doom... but probably not at level 7, which is where mine is ^^;;

Ennaor

So hard to get a fight ; ; Need more arenas ; ;  Or make people fighting only once a day or once a week.... or something!!!

Zerila

Once a day would be good! Or even only 3 times a day. That would clear some space, I think

Zerila

So far, my Taurus Brutal Jack, is undefeated, 4 fights, 4 wins. I set up a fight before work this morning, so that might not be true anymore.

My raptor (Howling Vortex) is one fight, one loss ^^;  I forgot to equip any feral skills on him, though. I have an attack-up trait that I got from a spider that I want to equip on him :)

Zerila

Oh, I should explain how to get the "claim" for this...

For each cage, there is someone standing off to the side that you need to trade an Official Reflector to. Make up a macro that goes like this: /item "Official Reflector" <t>. Target that person, and spam that macro!

The best time to do it is right after a fight ends. Every fight that ends clears up two spaces for people to register. However, there are probably 20+ people at a time trying to get registered, so your chances are probably 10% at best

If you manage to trade, you aren't done yet. You can still lose it if someone completes the process before you. Hit Enter a couple of times, and when it asks you to confirm the cost (1 Jetton) select "Yes". If you do this fast enough, faster than the other 20 people trying the same thing, you'll get a confirmation! Otherwise, you'll get the message that they weren't able to process your application, and then you have to wait until after the NEXT fight

Make sure to equip some Feral Skills before accepting a fight, since you can't do it after. For example, Brutal Jack has STR+25, ATT +15%, Aquan Killer and Undead Killer. You can always remove a Feral Skill later, so don't worry about it being permanent. However, any skill you remove will be lost, you don't get your Soul Plate back. To attach a Feral skill, take an undeveloped Soul Plate, trade it along with a Soul Reflector (official or not) to the same guy who develops the Soul Reflectors. You will either get a message saying that it was attached, or that he can't attach it.

Don't bother buying a ton of Jettons unless you have the coins to spare. You win a bunch every fight, even if you lose. 10 Jettons is a good starting point. That's enough to buy a Soultrapper and 12 Blank Soul plates, with enough left over for the various fees to get you going. You need one Jetton to make a Soul Reflector, and one more to register for a fight, so don't spend all your Jettons before you get a monster confirmed :)

You also get XP for every fight, win or lose. So every fight is worthwhile! And some skills will level up as well.

There is a good guide Here on getting started
There is a list of Feral skills you can get right here

Good luck!

Ennaor

I am 6-4 now... can't compete against those level 15 pets ; ;

Ennaor

woohooo 42 minutes wait time means lots of youtube links!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZK4V2YUA5U ~crazzzzy amazing stuff!! @_@!

Zerila

Wow... that was incredible! I wonder what this guy did with his Legos when he was a kid ^^;