• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

the simpsons movie

Started by Ennaor, August 03, 2007, 05:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennaor

watch it! it's soo hilarious.... needs more Mr. Burns though :)
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Kyuuketsuki

Zerila

I haven't seen it yet, but I want to!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Kyuuketsuki

I haven't either... prolly be a while...  :'(

Ennaor

aww there is probably a bootleg floating around in the internet... and Ketsuki still needs to watch 300!!

Zerila

I just bought that! Widescreen edition, naturally. That, and Hot Fuzz, which I wanted to see in the theater but missed ^^;

Ennaor

i wanted to see hot fuzz too :( my brother said it was funny!

Kyuuketsuki

I was going to watch 300 now, but it's stuffy and uncomfortable in this waiting room so... meh...

Zerila

Well, I really liked Shaun of the Dead, so I bought this movie on faith that I would like it, too :)
The 300... well, that's not what I would call a great movie. But if you treat it like one long, action-filled video game cutscene, it's great!

Ennaor

what about the WASHBOARD ABS.... TONED GLUTS... CHISELED PECS... SHINY MUSCLES   ;)

Kyuuketsuki

Not to mention those well-defined hamstrings and herculean delts. ;)

Zerila

The wide, flaring nostrils!  :D

Well, Hot Fuzz was hilarious :)

Ennaor

let me borrow it Zerila!

Btw, Stardust and Rush Hour 3 are coming out next Friday!  I want to see those for sure... kinda worried about Rush Hour 3 being bad though

Zerila

Stardust was a good book :)

Oh, and the Simpson's movie was great! I just saw it today! :D

Ennaor

Did you read Neil Gaiman's other stuff Zerila? Like the Sandman?

Zerila

I've never read Sandman, but I've read a lot of his stuff... Anansi boys, American Gods (I like that one!), Neverwhere (I like that one, too :)) plus some others, short stories and stuff.

I've also read Good Omens, which is a fantastic book, which he wrote in partnership with one of my favorite writers, Terry Pratchett (Discworld rules! :D )

I'm also a big fan of Douglas Adams, Robert Jordan, Barbara Hambly, Lawrence Watt-Evans and Chuck Pala... Palha... Palani... Fight club guy ^^;

Zerila

Kyuuketsuki

Chuck Palahniuk! He's a very interesting writer... I've a short story by him that's just O___________O. But, he's an awesome writer!

Good Omens was so awesome! I've been meaning to pick up American Gods, but I'm reading an awesome Stephen King book at the moment ;).

Ennaor

So many books to read @_@

a twisted tail!
A thousand eyes!

epa! epa! epaaaaaa!

Zerila

We should start a book thread... meh, I'll leave that to someone who wants to pad their post count :P

I strongly recommend giving Terry Pratchett a whirl if you like fantasy. How can you not love a story that takes place on a circular, flat world held up on the back of four unbelievably huge elephants which are standing on the back of an even larger turtle that is swimming through space? Though, the turtle and the elephants rarely get mentioned in the stories ^^; His earlier books are a little rough, but still good. My favorite of his is Small Gods.

Douglas Adams... if you haven't read his stuff, you need to! Either that, or go turn in your geek license :P. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is required reading, in my opinion, and the Dirk Gently books (all 2.5 of them  :'() area really good as well.

Robert Jordan... well, he's writing the Wheel of Time series that has been going on forever. The first six or so books of this series were great, but then it bogged down a bit until the most recent book (LOTS of sub-plots going on...). The next book is supposed to be the last of the series, but RJ currently has a life-threatening illness and may not be able to finish it. He's doing well at the moment, though, so there's hope he'll not only finish this series but maybe write a few more :)

Chuck is... weird. Invisible Monsters was disturbing, as was Choke. Diary was freaky, but I think that's my favorite of his.

Did I mention that I like Vonnegut as well?

I used to be a fan of Piers Anthony when I was (much) younger, until I started feeling a little disturbed by his apparent panty fetish...

So, Ketsuki... what Stephen King book are you reading? I haven't read any of his new ones for a long time... I've been wary of anything he's written for the last few years, since a lot of my friends weren't only dissapointed in the last few Gunslinger books, but were actually angry about them ^^;