• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

what are you going to be doing during the update?

Started by Ennaor, August 25, 2007, 10:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennaor

i will probably be reading 2001, and baking cookies :)
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Ryudei

Zerila

Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Nerces

I'll be working during most of it, if I remember the exact times of maintenance. Otherwise  my options include Dragon Quest VIII, Harvest Moon DS, or homework!
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Evanesce

Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Kyuuketsuki

I'll be chilling on campus most of the day... first day of class. Prolly get home with 3-4 hours of no FF to kill which I'll do so by writing and/or reading and/or bugging various people on IM and/or commiting espionage. Unless, of course, I obtain a social life on the first day and kick it with my new crew. ;)

Areya

So many choices...

Work on my FFL3 walkthrough some more...

Continue my single character challenge in FFL or FFL2....

Work on my Zelda Classic project...

Play FFXII...

Start up some random RPG...

Work on my RPG2K game...

Continue my FF5 Mystic Knight Straight Character Challenge...

Sleep..

Ariamo

See if I can bake a cake or something.

Plan out what I wanna do.

Cake.

Play on DS.

Have some cake.

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Ryudei

This cake obsession is becoming borderline cookie epic!

Armakoy

i will be going forward in time using my phone booth, so yay!

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: Ryudei on August 26, 2007, 06:34:33 PM
This cake obsession is becoming borderline cookie epic!

As leader of the Army of Funk, the Waffle Battalion, and the Cookie Empire, I hereby declare that Cake is okay!

Cake. :)

Areya

Kets, you know you just got those titles by mailing proofs-of-purchase from some shoogary things....

Evanesce

Ooh, a Single Character Challenge. I'm doing one on FFT right now, with Monk.
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: Areya on August 27, 2007, 12:51:11 AM
Kets, you know you just got those titles by mailing proofs-of-purchase from some shoogary things....

Lies! I struggled and worked and slaaaaved to rise to power! My strife is legendary and bookworthy!

Ennaor

I went to get some Thai food.  I had Phad Thai and it was sooo good!!!  But it was soo much... like it looked like over a pound of noodles.  I couldn't finish it!  I also had some soup that was like coconut-lemon-grassy flavored.  And it also came with vegetarian spring rolls(lumpia!!!) and fried curry wonton.  There are lots of vegetarian options in Thai food.. I didn't know, I'm gonna have to go back there again and bring my veggie friends!!

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: Ennaor on August 27, 2007, 09:16:06 PM
I went to get some Thai food.  I had Phad Thai and it was sooo good!!!  But it was soo much... like it looked like over a pound of noodles.  I couldn't finish it!  I also had some soup that was like coconut-lemon-grassy flavored.  And it also came with vegetarian spring rolls(lumpia!!!) and fried curry wonton.  There are lots of vegetarian options in Thai food.. I didn't know, I'm gonna have to go back there again and bring my veggie friends!!

This is one of many reasons I loooove thai food. As a vegetarian, you aren't treated as a footnote to the menu... it's not a hassle to get things prepared right for you. A very large amount of Thai people are vegetarian, since they are a buddhist society for the moooost part. Pad Thai is so delicious, but I've experienced the same thing... you usually get a giant mountain of noodles and vegetables. And the spring rolls are super awesome, yeah. Curry wontonO_O Gimmeh!!! That sounds good.

Any time anyone wants to eat, I always suggest the Thai place down the road... their service is amazing, they're really nice and helpful, the food is amazing, and I really really really really want them to stay over.

Anyone wanna come to St.Louis for Thai food? Q_Q

Ennaor

Is it really spicy?  The Thai place I went to had a 0-10 spiciness scale and my level was 2 because I'm weak, but it wasn't even that spicy so maybe next time I will try to be tough and increase to level 3!!!

Kyuuketsuki

Oh yes, the standard food is insanely spicy. Well, actually... I found their pad thai a bit more bland than I like. The red curry is sweet and very spicy... and the green curry was like an orgasmic spicy train ride into spiceville. You can ask for any of the food to be dulled down if you're weak, and you can always ask for it to be made stronger... which I've yet to venture into. I think I will start asking for stronger curry, though...

Any time I eat the curry at this place, I can pretty much feel my pores in my skin bursting open and hear them screaming "What are you DOING?!?!?!?!? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o" It's quite a euphoric sensation, especially with the green curry. It's all good with vegetables, since they have a good variety, but I really really love getting the food with tofu. They give you fried tofu cubes which are extremely good.

Ennaor

If we keep this up Ketsuki I will be a cookie crusader by the time update starts  ;D
I had a Thai sandwich at the Thai place at UCSD in the spring and I didn't like the peanut sauce but I haven't tried the curry yet... does it taste like the peanut sauce?  I want to go to the Curry House, I think Lievanos goes there, but I think it's like Japanese curry? I know they serve natto there!  No offense Ryudei but that stuff smells :X!  Oh and if you are in San Diego Ketsuki I bet you would like Tofu House :)

Kyuuketsuki

You shall join the ranks of Cookie Crusader soon enough padawan!!!

Mmm, thai sammich sounds good. I'm not so passionate about the peanut sauce, but it can be good. I enjoy a good peanut satay now and then... meatless of course. And Thai peanut, which is a variant on pad thai, is good as well... but I definitely can only eat so much of it. Curry isn't anything like that. I don't know how to accurately portray the amazingness of curry dishes with words, at least not yet. It's just great. I've read, and firmly believe with my experience with curry, that you can actually become addicted to it... since the spiciness releases adrenaline and endorphins into your brain! It really is euphoric and tingly, and delicious.

I'm sure I sound like a curry junkie, and I won't deny any allegations.

Toooofu hoooouse! Man... Part of me wants to go to cali to get amazingly good food... the other part of me isn't sure if my stomach is ready for all that food.