• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Possible picture of a new job from the next expansion!!!

Started by Nerces, September 20, 2007, 05:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerces

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nerces

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ryudei

Kyuuketsuki

Someone reported seeing this video from the booth at TGS and said that the person was slashing away at an enemy, used what -looked like- a WS, and the monster was surrounded by roses and thorns and damaged...

Reminds me of Mog from FFVI so far! Or... geomancer? D:

Gem

I have one thing to say: This better be leveled on Sheilah and not ryu >:(
Hi all

Elizabet

Possibility that would suck #1: Dancer = yet another BRD
Possibility that would suck #2: Dancer = yet another DD job.

Gimme a healer or a tank or a debuffer... RDM, WHM, NIN, PLD are few betweens while leveling up..

Kyuuketsuki

They announced 100% today that the expansion is being released November 20th, going live on the 22nd!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gem

Possibility that would suck #1: Dancer = yet another BRD

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o You can never have enough BRD type things!  >:( >:( >:( :o :-[ :o :o :o >:(
Hi all

Areya

From the sounds of it, maybe it's a FFT Dancer / Geomancer hybrid?  Maybe enfeebling with 0mp moves?  Might be something I'd enjoy...

Ariamo

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Zerila

Maybe they could throw a little juggler in there too, and make it a throwing, dancing, debuffing wonder-job! And that would be a great time to add in throwing weaponskills :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Nerces

Areya, you have to level this job if only because it's your character model in the picture.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kyuuketsuki

Stolen off of BG... sounds.. interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuoteGAME WATCH
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/doc ... 0/ffxi.htm

Translated by: Elmer the Pointy
Posted on:bluegartrls.com

The movie was a series of little clips strung together. New information was a little sparse, but these scenes give you a lot to think about. Too bad they wouldnââ,¬â,,¢t let us photograph or record the movie ourselves. Still, weââ,¬â,,¢ll give you what information we can.

The stage is set during the Great Crystal War. The way the refer to it has changed

(Instead of クリスタル戦争 kurisutaru sensou with phonetic katakana, they are going with kanji 水晶大戦) suishou taisen)

but it is still about the war between the humans and the Shadow Lordââ,¬â,,¢s Army. In Wings of the Goddess, adventurers will cross through time and become involved in the Great Crystal War. The players will discover some shocking truths as well. ââ,¬Å"The Advent of the Soldiers of Godââ,¬Â is another keyword we saw, which may refer to the adventurers themselves, or perhaps to something else, Iââ,¬â,,¢m not sure.

As for new jobs, we were told in an interview in July that there would be 2 or more added. Watching the movie, I was suddenly greeted with the figure of a woman in a beautiful outfit of a ââ,¬Å"Dancer.ââ,¬Â This is probably the first new job. A ââ,¬Å"Dancerââ,¬Â first appeared in Final Fantasy V, where they could absorb an enemyââ,¬â,,¢s HP and MP. They could also unleash consecutive attacks with abilities such as ââ,¬Å"Sword Dance,ââ,¬Â using the ââ,¬Å"Danceââ,¬Â command. In FFXI, it has the potential to become a good support job.

Story-wise, I had to take what I could from the clips on the screen, but it seems to really delve into the Crystal War in a profound way. It is around the time that you can meet Queen Leaute, the expanding Dââ,¬â,,¢Oraguille family, the hero Karaha-Baruha, the former Mithra Matriarch Perih Vashai, and a host of other famous NPCs. Players who have been in FFXI for a long time have a lot to look forward to. In addition, what appeared to be ââ,¬Å"Atomos,ââ,¬Â was also shown in the movie. The Crystal War seems to have much more to it than what we think we know.

There were also some details on the expansionââ,¬â,,¢s content. The Vanaââ,¬â,,¢diel of the past will have new maps and new monsters as well. They also reiterated there will be a large-scale battle system implemented too. It was brief, but I saw a snippet of a Besieged-like battle playing out inside a town.

This movie will be available on the main site, starting September 22nd. Still the sound quality will be low, and you wonââ,¬â,,¢t get the same intense feel of watching it unfold on the big screen. I highly recommend seeing it at the convention if you have the chance.

Kyuuketsuki

This seems like a good place to put this...

And, even cooler, this...

And, check this video out!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25317.html

Almost, but not quite half way through...  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Kyuuketsuki

Please forgive me as I spam the forum with my findings of other peoples' findings of info on the expansion! I'm bored... And, figured I'd share. :)

QuoteIgn posted a report on ffxi: WOG

US, September 21, 2007 - The next expansion of the land of Vana'diel will turn back the clock to a time before the events of Final Fantasy XI's storyline, before the crystal war. Square-Enix's booth was running at trailer at TGS 2007, revealing the release date to be this November 22. Featured in the footage were lots of sweeping environmental pans showing off passages hewn into snow-covered rocks, armored black chocobo, and expanses of dusty desert mesas.

Also showcased was the new Dancer job which allows players to charm enemies. According to Square, playing this job requires a certain degree of finesse, though the representative we spoke to didn't get into specifics. The video showed Dancers attacking with daggers and unleashing special attacks visually represented with bulbs of rose petals. Square said FFXI fan events in Osaka, Japan and in the United States will give players a chance to try out the Dancer, as well as reveal another job.

The trailer finished with a shot of great, gaping mouth in the sky. It resembled something of a hurricane's eye, yet was bluish-purple with an eye-wall ringed with teeth. Square hinted longtime players should recognize this as a reference to a mythological creature within the FFXI universe.

See All 17 Images

Armakoy

VERY INTERESTING!!! i liked the vid ;o keep em comin kets!

Zerila

QuoteAlso showcased was the new Dancer job which allows players to charm enemies.

...charm enemies?

Dancers can charm enemies?!

CHARM?!!!

What?!!!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR BEASTMASTER?!!!

I'm not sure if I should be really happy or really sad  :-\

edit: in that video, the guy from 1:41 to 1:55 = Dragoon :)
edit2: That Rose attack looks like it was done by a Red Mage... new weaponskills?
edit3: Regardless of what the Dancer AF will look like on males and Galka... it will look great on me, and that's all I care about :)

Kyuuketsuki

Kyuuketsuki

Zerila

That trailer is incredible! I want that expansion sooo bad!
As much fun as ToAU is, this looks like it will be one of the better expansions :)

Is it just me, or are they doing better and better at these expansions as time goes by? In that case, I can't wait for the 10th year anniversary expansion  ;D