• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

The Adventures of Beta Zeri!

Started by Zerila, November 05, 2007, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

Some of you may know that I was in the Beta test for the NA version of FFXI waaay back in the day. Well, during Beta, I had a total of 16 characters! (They were all free, so why not?) I played around with all the different races and a lot of different faces, but my favorite, of course, was a mithra named Zerila. I liked her so much, that I re-created her after the NA release :)

During the first "Welcome Home to Vana'diel" campaign they did a couple years ago, someone mentioned that it was possible to bring back beta characters... so I tried it, and I could! Sadly, it stuck my beta Zerila on Asura. I logged in on her every once in a while, just to goof around.

Well, a while ago I saw a video on youtube, where a Galka Warrior had solo'd the mission 2-3 dragon. One of the things that really frustrated me, back in beta, was that I was stuck on that mission (killing the Bastok dragon). I had tried, back in beta, to get a group together to do it, but we ran in like a pack of idiots and died, and nobody wanted to try again. Trying to kill the dragon alone appealed to my solo-tastic nature, so I decided to give it a shot!

I zoned into the BCNM, changed into my battle gear, ate my food, and popped a re-raise scroll (just in case!). When I got close to the dragon, I hit Dodge and Focus and 100-Fists. What followed is, probably, the most wonderful piece of monster thrashing I've ever been involved in! It wasn't even close... I think I used about 5 hi-potions, but the dragon was nearly dead by the time 100-fists wore off. A weaponskill and a few more hits, and down he went! After the dragon, the eye was no problem at all. Just like that, over four years later, beta-Zerila was rank 3! I made a video of it, though I need to compress it a little to post it on youtube (it is gigantic, 6 gigs :))

Now I just need to solo to rank 5 and get her an airship pass! :)

Oh, I forgot to mention, I beat the dragon in 3:58, 50 seconds away from the record :D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Zerila

Just in case anyone is interested, I posted the video to Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tt6X_MWjXs

Subligar, oh noes!  :-[

Armakoy

Ryudei

You didn't BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST the first Combo!!!!!  ???

Zerila

Nope! I don't know what I was thinking... Adrenaline rush and my brain switched off  :P

edit: Arma, that baby still cracks me up  ;D

Armakoy