• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Next MMO

Started by Zerila, April 01, 2008, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

Allakhazam.com (which is currently sporting a snazzy Hello Kitty motif) has some screenshots that are rumored to be SE's next MMO. I'm not sure if that's true or if it's an April Fool's joke, but if it's accurate, it looks like it takes place in Ivalice.

Since the next MMO is going to be PC and PS3/XBox360, it will be nice to get away from "PS2 limitations" on stuff, like storage space. A wider variety of armor and equipment would be good, as well as more realistically moving garments (just dreaming here, but wouldn't having a cloak that flaps gently in the breeze be awesome? )

I don't know... I feel like there is still so much potential in FFXI, it would be a pity to move on to something new. Also, a graphical update would be nice, though I understand the PS2 can't handle it. Still, new MMO or not, I'm sure FFXI still has at least five years of life left in it, and SE said they'd continue to support it as long as people want to play it.

I don't see myself jumping into a new MMO. By the time that new game comes out, I'll probably have a kid or two, and finding the time to play FFXI alone will be hard enough!  :o

Then again... if I can solo stuff...  ;)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Zerila

An update:

While it is true that SE is working on a next-gen MMO, this particular one is definitely a hoax. Pikko just admitted it, may her evil, adorable heart be drowned in cookies!

:-\

Evanesce

Mm, the next MMO... I guess it doesn't matter for me, since I'm probably not going to be touching another MMO in my life. Just doesn't work anymore =O
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Zerila

Eva! *glomps*

I know what you mean. I love playing these games, but the time it takes is incredible... I think, once I'm out of FFXI (which will probably be when they close down the servers... ) I won't be starting up any new MMO's until I retire  :D

I wonder what MMO's will be like in 30 years... should be fun  ;D

Selan

Yeah, I can't believe I have spent 300 something days on FFXI..... I might play more MMO's but none as much as this.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Zerila

I'm actually really scared to check my playtime... I should do that, just to see what it is ^^;;

I wonder though, how much of that 300 days is afk time? Because that doesn't really count, especially if you occasionally run a 24-hour bazaar (that's where most of Rapscallion's play time comes from :) )

Zerila

I'm actually "only" a little over 200 days...
Wow... so much time ^^;

Evanesce

I think I had a little over 100 days when I quit. Not enough =p
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Zerila

If your life ever clears up enough time to play, Eva, you know you'd be welcomed back with open arms :)

However, you're also at a time in your life when the choices you make will have a huge impact on your future. Playing an MMO, as fun as it is, is not exactly constructive for most people  ;)

We are talking about trying for our first kid next year, which means that I pretty much have the rest of this year and perhaps nine months of next year to keep wasting time however I see fit, so I'm enjoying it while I can  8)

Majestica

Pfft one kid won't totally ruin your gaming time. Now TWO... THAT is a different story.  :P
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Zerila

Haha, I'll keep that in mind... no second kid until they close down the FFXI servers :D

Maybe we can have a second when my first is old enough to farm for me  ;D