• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

MogBonanza!

Started by Zerila, April 30, 2008, 02:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

Well, they announced the 6th anniversary event... it looks like a lottery! But, not for just any old prizes... check this out!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/index.html

Top prize is 100 million gil or your pick of really awesome end-game gear :o
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Majestica

Holy horse poop batman, *I* want one hundred million gil!
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Zerila

You don't even play anymore!

Can I have your hundred million gil?  ;D

Well, I see it like the real lottery... the only real reason to play is to dream about what you'd do if you won. I never expect to win, and so far, I've never been surprised!  8)

Ryudei

I'ma win 40 times for 4 billion gil!!!!!!!

:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Areya

Heh, forget the Kraken Club or 100M Gil, I'd go for something like the Morrigan's Robe or Ares' Cuirass in that category.  I think it's cute they have Northlands AF2 in the upper categories too...  Knowing me I'll just end up with a couple of Memoirs.

Zerila

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The only problem is, I'm kinda overwhelmed by the choices... That Ares Cuirass is really really nice, but I can only use it on DRG. The Armada Hauberk is nice, too, but I can only use it on BST. I really like that Usukane Haramaki, it would be great on ninja, but I can't use it on any other job... etc, etc  ;D
I'm afraid I would grab the gil just to avoid having to choose between all that great gear  ::)

Still, since I'm not too likely to win anyway, I'll just keep dreaming. Maybe I'll take a page from Maj's book, try to win 10 times, grab all the gear I would want, and take the rest in gil  ;D

Nerces

Putting 100 million gil at the same rank as Kraken Club just shows how clueless SE is. Nothing in that category is worth anywhere near 100 million gil, assuming you have the means to get the R/E items. Even more so, 100 million gil can go towards all your jobs, not just the 3-6 that can use some R/E piece. The only exceptions are the Great Katana that drops from Absolute Virtue and the Polearm that drops from Odin.

Rank 1: 100 million gil
Rank 2: 10 million gil
Rank 3: Hauteclaire!!  <--- My one and only chance at getting one
Rank 4: Khroma Ore or Behemoth Hide
Rank 5: lol
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Zerila

That's kind of what I've been thinking... 100 million gil means I never have to farm and I get all the best gear that money can buy, but an Ares Cuirass is just one item.

The only thing I'm worried about is that suddenly being that rich, the money may not really seem all that valuable... which is one of the reasons why I've never bought gil, because it would make all the previous work I've done to earn money seem kinda pointless  :-\

So, I'm still kind of torn on this, even though it is still a moot point because I will never win  ;D

Ryudei

Ares is pretty frigging awesome, but it's really not that hard to obtain if you do some Salvage.  Half the battle of the Salvage items is actually the cost, so using a first place prize on any of them would be a huge waste.

Some of those abjurations being HQ 95+ synths makes them pretty valuable.  An Armada Hauberk for example you'd see once in a blue moon.  Still I'm not the type to spend an arm and a leg for +1 stats so again 100 million gil ftw.

The Hauteclaire is oddly out of place I admit, I'd even take it over the gil for when the time comes that my PLD would be able to use it!