• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Campaign Exp Calculations

Started by Areya, May 21, 2008, 08:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

I know many of you have been curious about exp in Campaign and how the values are calculated.  Here's some information to help you out.

This info is taken from this link, but thought I'd post some of this info here in case you were curious.  http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Campaign_XP_Point_Calculations

ActionExp EarnedExp Cap
Connecting Attack5200
Physical Damage10% of DamageUnknown
Magical Damage10% of DamageUnknown
Curing10% of Cured500
Damage Received10% of Value400
Enhancing (Self)20150
Enhancing (Others)10 / Person150
Songs and Rolls20 / Person300
Enfeebling (Magic)15300
Enfeebling (Songs)15200
Critical Hits1050
Ending Skillchain20300
Physically Damaging Fortifications10% of Damage750
Magically Damaging Fortifications10% of Damage750
Raise20Unknown
Enemy Defeat100Unknown
Death-30Unknown

There's some restrictions and catches which I won't list here.  One important one is that ranged attacks don't give any exp for hitting but you get exp for the damage.

But, there's more!  There's apparently an exp cap per minute based on what Medal you have.  The base value is 60 exp/minute.  For each new medal your max exp / minute goes up 2, up to 82 exp/minute at Holyknight Emblem.

Finally, there's another exp adjustment based on your level.

Level RangeExperience Multiplier
1-1520%
16-3040%
31-4560%
46-6080%
61-75100%

Ryudei

I wonder if healing breath counts toward Cure Exp.  There doesn't appear to be any definitive word on pet damage as well but I assume that counts, or SMNs would get boned.

Also UGH @ 100 exp per enemy killed, I guess saving tp to finish the mob is worth it.  I'll have to remember to (Skewer) the jerkoffs that come and finish off any mobs I've been soloing for 5 minutes.

Areya

Yeah I hate how everyone saves their tp to try to get the killshot.

As far as pets, I still dunno if their actions contribute or not.  I know my totals on BST were a bit low but BST also can't dip into as many categories.  A job like White Mage can really exploit the varied caps, however.

Ryudei

Would be easy enough to test.  For the wyvern anyway, I'll just PT with someone else and just play Healer for a couple minutes, get an evaluation and see how much exp i get.

Areya

It should also be noted, that this table is not necessarily accurate.  There have been a few discrepancies found that can't be accounted for yet, and of course we all know how SE is about explaining things!  But, it can give you some ideas about how it's calculated.

Some things I'd add in that also boost your exp involve high-enmity moves like Flash, and effects like Bind and Sleep, which seem to add more..

Zerila

I seem to remember there being something in an update a while back about adjusting the exp calculations for pets... I'd try to see if I could find, it, but I'm at work ^^;
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)