• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Ad mominem

Started by Zerila, June 13, 2008, 08:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

A friend of mine forwarded this to me from Penny Arcade, and I immediately thought of Ketsuki :D
1.  ad mominem     

An attack upon an opponent's mom, in order to discredit their argument or opinion. This type of argument is usually kept in reserve until all forms of the ad hominem argument have been exhausted.
While the conversation can often degenerate into an amusing banter, the form of response is insidious and has entered all forms of dialogue.

Person 1: "The evidence suggests that the primary cause of Stalinistic dictatorships is a combination of socio-economic unrest and politically alien influences."

ad mominem response:

Person 2: "The evidence suggests...your mom!" 

Ah, whoops! I have to correct myself... My friend saw "ad mominem" on Penny Arcade, then went to look it up. But, regardless of the source, it still reminded me of Ketsuki  ;D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Majestica

It reminded me of .. your mom!  8)
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Kyuuketsuki

Yo mama is the primary cause of Stalinistic dictatorships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 Zeri

Zerila

It would be so weird if my mom did a "your mom!" thing to me... though, it would be a kind of funny (if mean) way of letting me know I'm adopted...  :P
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)