• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

More updates

Started by Zerila, September 03, 2008, 02:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3646/detail.html

Well, they're going to give us more xp for EP-DC critters, so that's nice, especially for solo-crazy folks like me... But the big part of this, I'm betting, is the nyzul update.
No longer losing progress after floor 100? All party members sharing progress? Cool, that means we only have to go all the way up the tower once!

Weapons dropping before floor 100? Cool! We may not even need to go all the way up before we get them!

Beating floor 100 will get you TWO weapons.... one of them will be job-specific to the person who activated the rune of transfer, and the other will be random. Which means you'll have to do a LOT less farming to get all the weapons you want!

And, if you've already beaten floor 100 and had your disk wiped, never fear... you'll be able to zap yourself right up to 96 again :)

This has been a great update so far. I have a feeling that they aren't even done yet. They'll sneak something else in, just wait!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Zerila

Hmm... I just had an idea about the "saving progress" thing...

Let's take our static as an example, we've cleared up to floor 21. If that was the highest any of us had gotten, could one of our group join a group that has floor 96 access, clear 100, then rejoin our group and get us all up to 96?

That would save a heck of a lot of time trying to get to 20, 40, 60, 80, 100. We might not have to bother with getting from 21 all the way to 40, we might just be able to start at 36! 

Actually, has anyone in our static already cleared 100?

Edit: This line:
"For their progress data to be updated, players must begin the mission on a floor equal to or lesser than the maximum level currently recorded on their disc. Provided this condition is met, progress data will automatically be updated each time a previously uncharted level is completed."

Makes me think that, while I could go along for the ride if someone has floor 96 access, I couldn't get there by myself unless I personally go through all the floors underneath it. Which is fair :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Nerces

For our own group, I think the best thing to do is clear floors 1-21 again before we decide to move on with my disc, that way we won't be forced to do another 1-100 run to get everyone full access.

Personally, I'm much more happy with not losing full access for clearing the Floor 100 boss.
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Areya

This update is shaping up to be incredibly interesting and useful, isn't it?

Lunet_Moon

It is strangely enough shaping up to be a nice update. I don't really expect much from experience thing unless the gain is a lot higher. The Nyzul update sounds nice I guess, good luck to those who do it! Should be an interesting next few months though.
If you forgot who I was that's okie.  Chances are I've forgotten you too. Don't fret after all the rediscovery is always the best part!