• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Chrome or Firefox?

Started by Malikai, October 18, 2008, 01:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malikai

What's your pick? I recently started using Chrome a bunch and I'm really taking a liking to it.

I get tired of firing up Firefox (pardon the pun) all the time when benching and I don't want to reopen like, 5 windows and 30 tabs either. So, I just pop open Chrome when I need to look something up between running programs. One thing I've really come to like is the ability to move tabs from one window to another window by just dragging. Firefox needs this!

Rachi

I haven't tried Chrome, but I like Firefox for it's ability to customize. You can add skins to your Firefox, add plug-ins, there's even a handy FFXI toolbar. And you're right. I have about 4 pages set as my homepage, and that can get a bit annoying to deal with when i just wanna look something up, but I just pull up IE in those cases, and use that instead.

Malikai

That's what I used to do; pull up IE for something quick if Firefox wasn't open already. But, I'm just gonna stick with Chrome for that now.
I didn't know there was a FFXI toolbar for Firefox. I'll have to look for it. As for the customization of FF... there is a lot to it, but 3.0 and up support is not so good as far as skins go. None that I liked anyways. Add-ons are great for ff. There's tons of stuff out there. I think once more people hop on Chrome there will be a larger need/want for add-ons and skins, etc.

I wonder if Chrome runs on Android yet. I'll have to look that one up. That would be pretty sweet.