• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

We're moving next year!!!

Started by Majestica, October 11, 2008, 01:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majestica

HEEEEEY YOU GUYSSSS!!! Since Bartypoo will be in Korea for a year without his family, he gets base preference when he comes back... (That means he is supposed to be able to go to pretty much any base he wants.) Our first choice was to go back to Japan, we loved it there and have been a little "homesick" since that was where we lived for the first year and a half of our marriage. But of course the military is a bitch sometimes and told us no. (Don't even get me started.) so our 2nd choice was Eglin, it's near Pensacola Florida and VERY close to the beach and it was APPROVED so next year I am moving to FLORIDA!  ;D Check it out! http://www.united-publishers.com/EglinGuide/ 
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

naobi

Wow. Nice!  Congrats!  Love the beach.  You can work on your tan :P  But wow, you guys move so much.  Almost as much as I do. heh Though I'm not in the military.

Majestica

Every couple of years, yep! We could have chosen to stay right where we are after the Korea tour but it really sucks here. We call it Scumter instead of Sumter! ;) People are getting robbed at gunpoint in their own homes, kinda scary. We're looking to live ON base before it gets too bad out there!
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Zerila

Yikes... yeah, you want to move if people are barging into homes with guns  :o

Congratulations on your soon-to-be new place!
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Areya

Out of idle curiosity, was Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL, one of your choices?

Majestica

Nope.... Robins AFB in GA, Langley in VA, Eglin or Tyndall in FL, Wright Patterson in OH, a couple in CA and one in AZ... and one in NC. And the overseas ones.