• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Secret Santa

Started by Areya, November 10, 2008, 08:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What days are good for Secret Santa?  (Click all that apply.)

Saturday, Dec. 13
6 (100%)
Sunday, Dec. 14
4 (66.7%)
Monday, Dec. 15
3 (50%)
Tuesday, Dec. 16
3 (50%)
Wednesday, Dec. 17
2 (33.3%)
Thursday, Dec. 18
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 07, 2008, 04:38:56 PM

Areya

There was some idle talk about this topic, so I thought I'd see what some of the other people think.  Do you all want to do a Secret Santa this year?  That's where we randomly draw other LS member names and get them a little (in-game) gift.  Mind you, there will be a general gil max limit on what you buy.  It's the thought that counts, remember!  Anyways, feel free to leave feedback.

Updated December 7
Signups close on Wednesday, so if you haven't signed up yet, you still have a little time.  Saturday the 13th seemed to be the most popular day in the poll...  I'd do it the weekend after but my family's having Xmas that weekend.

I'll /t you your target after signups close.

Subie

Sounds like an idea to too.

Zerila

Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Selan

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Areya

Well then, I suppose it's time to go into details like, what the suggested gil limit should be, when we're doing this, etc.

Zerila

Whatever day we pick, someone won't be able to show up. So, I think maybe we should pick a day, and anyone who can't make that can post here, and then exchange gifts at a different time.

For a limit... well, we have so many people who are poor, maybe something reasonable like 20k? I don't think that's too big of a stretch for most people. Maybe we can do a poll for both the date and the gil amount?

Areya

So mote it be!  Poll for gil amount up.

Areya

New poll up, some added info in original post.

Rachi

unless we do it closer to christmas time, i don't think i'll be able to join in on this. reason being is i'm moving on the 15th and have to send my compy out via USPS the week before that. ergo, i won't have a computer or internet on any of the days listed.

Areya

Well we can push it back if necessary.  I just need to get an idea of when people can do it really.

Majestica

I want in, but I need gift ideas! >.> You people have EVERYTHING.
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Zerila

It doesn't have to be anything too incredible. A stack of prism powders, for example, makes a nice present to anyone, and isn't too expensive. A stack of fireworks, food, whatever you can think of that costs around 20k will work :)

Or a piece of gear... though, with all the multiple-level-75's that we have running around, it's hard to think of a piece of gear that they don't already have that would be useful and only costs 20k. But there are some nice pieces out there that can be worn for the novelty.

Or, if you craft, try giving a crafted, signed item. Personally, I would love that! That would be a real gift to me, something unique and personal.

I voted for the weekend, since I think most people will be able to make that, but I am willing to change for whatever day works the best for the most people. As for where... I would love to do the Hostel, since I've never been in there! But I see a couple of possible problems: The time limit on reserving it, and the possibility that some folks might not have Whitegate access. For that reason, I'd say the chocobo stables would be better.

Rachi

Another idea too is to get a spell for someone. You don't even necessarily have to buy them. For instance some of the Absorb spells for DRK are outrageously expensive, and as such I don't have them yet. However, most of these are questable/drop off of other mobs. Therefore, if you can get the drop, you don't have to spend a dime. Or, you could just sell it on AH, keep the spare money and buy something with the gil.

Nerces

Here are some very all-purpose suggestions, all of which will definitely find some use.

20k = 3 stacks of Tonko/Monomi tools
20k = 2 stacks of Coeurl Subs
20k = 1 stack of Sole Sushi
20k = 7 stacks of Melon Pies
20k = 1 stack of Imperial Bronzepieces
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Subie

Sign me up.

Areya

Yes, food and scrolls are good ideas, but don't forget there are always more permanent things too.  One idea that may not be on your radar are Furnishings.  Or chocobo feed.  Or small things like hairpins, earrings, etc.

Rachi

I was just thinking about this. IDK about you, but I wouldn't want someone doing trade after trade of iron ores or all these cheap, non-stackable items either. It seems obvious to say, but I wanted to put it out there that if you have to trade with someone more than once cause you're giving them more than 8 items, then at least make sure they have a need for the item, and the inventory space to hold them all. :P

Zagato

Hey All,
           I just wanted to say I'm in for this, tho if I work X-mas my gift to whomever might be delayed =P. But I think it's a cool idea and would be fun, plus I think we should rent the hostel in whitegate just to add abit more X-mas.

Areya

Quote from: Rachi on November 26, 2008, 11:58:30 AM
...IDK about you, but I wouldn't want someone doing trade after trade of iron ores or all these cheap, non-stackable items either.

Darn, there goes my plan to trade someone 2000 Copper Ores!  Just kidding.

Yeah, use some common sense here.  Multiple cheaper items are okay but don't go hog wild.

Areya

Few things:

1)  Making a real signup thread.  Just put a post there if you want to do it.  The sooner the better.  We need more signups too.  http://www.luckyls.info/index.php?topic=1010.0

2) If for some reason you can't make it to the actual exchanges, that's fine.  You can send your gift to the recipient beforehand if you wish.  I'll have a full list of who's giving to whom so I'll be able to handle it.