• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Areya Brand Maze

Started by Areya, April 14, 2009, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

I registered my current maze, so anyone can now order copies to run.  The maze is of type Sanitization Team Gamma, featuring a series of maze-like cave chambers with a random number of monsters all of one type.  These will check Decent Challenge to the lowest member of the party.  You have 30 minutes to get as far as you can.  Whenever you finish all the mobs in a section, ladders will spawn and you can either keep going or leave and collect a reward.

You can order a maze once/day.  And getting a copy (five uses) is only 500 gil, so feel free to give it a try!

(Yes, it's a shameless plug to up my listed popularity...)

Zerila

Definitely want to give this a shot :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Areya

Well, if SE would quit doing emergency maintenance on the Mazes and Lower Jeuno, anyways...  Looks like I have to reregister it XD

Areya

A couple more details I didn't mention in the original post:

There's a maximum of 10 chambers.  It is very very hard to clear all 10 in one go though.  With 3-4 people we can get to about 7-8 pretty regularly though.

There are two types of idols that can show up.  These regularly spray out mists.  One restores HP, and another much rarer type restores MP.

I have a Bird Rune attached which seems to increase the number of bird family opponents, but there's still plenty of other stuff in there!  So far other than bird types I've seen:

• Golems
  • Magic Pots
  • Goobbues
  • Spellcasting Bombs (ToAU type)
  • Clusters
  • Worms
  • Wivres
  • Tauruses
  • Treants
  • Efts
  • Lizards
  • Pugils
  • Chigoes
  • Skeletons
  • Ghosts
  • Leeches
  • Shadow Dragons
  • Wyverns
  • Dhalmels
  • Mandragoras
  • Various Elementals
  • Even more!

I highly recommend anyone attempting this to bring along a balanced party.  Preferably a WHM in tow!

Isthian

I dunno, only reason I died last time was I was being a suicidal DRK/SAM with a Nyzul Weapon... probably would be faster (and could go down farther) if I'd have geared up something a bit more survivable.

SAM/NIN, SAM/DNC, MNK/NIN, MNK/DNC, or NIN/DNC comes to mind.

Keep in mind I'm not shy about throwing a 2hr to speed things up short term either, as I have 2 leveled up mules on different accounts w/ COR to try and get it back if I *really* need it for something else.

/NIN would be more survivable, but there were AoEs and DoT in there... so /DNC may be a touch better. DRK was generally bleah~ the times I went since there were so much undead... DMG wasn't too bad, but Spells and 2hr useless.

Ryudei

Areya

This is actually a fun solo if you bring a low level.  Laliho has cleared the full 10 floors several times as low level mages, and with an exp band you can earn something like 2500-3000 exp in a single run (including hoardbox exp reward), which is pretty sweet for low levels.  She actually went like lv 1 RDM with 0 exp to @1 to lv 5, lol.  And gets about a level of BLM/run.

Areya

Update on my maze, since it's been a while:

It now packs a few new Runes.  Added Demon and Aquan to the mix, so Bird, Aquan, and Demon opponents show up more often.  Again, not guaranteed.

Also new is the Camaraderie Contract Rune:  Now you can call your adventuring fellow in the maze!