• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Maat Fight FTW!

Started by Rachi, May 14, 2009, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachi

Maat Fail 01-Ready, Steady, Go!

32% health...
/check
D:

negotiator

so close!!!
macro your hp pots, it might help.
I've beat maat on drg and sam, but both on 2nd try.
good luck to you!  :)

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Ryudei

You didn't Blood Weapon!

Also you could maybe open with Stun and Last Resort your first WS?  Then unclick it real fast?  Unless you wanna keep him stunned through his Blood Weapon but I only saw the Weapon Bash part.  Though maybe you've already beat it by now!  ;D

Isthian

No need to Stun as you engage... Maat won't attack until you try and do something *to* him first. Blood Weapon could have made the save by cancelling out his Blood Weapon... but honestly wasn't needed.

Stun when Maat Blood Weapons, be sure you turn around and aren't going to hit him, Sleep the bitch, run back in the tunnel allowing for short Sleep, Sleep II extend to kill his 2hr... and have fun Absorb-*(TP/ACC/DEX/STR/VIT/(whatever)/Aspir'n him to top your MP back off/etc.

Remember, he has all the strengths and weaknesses YOU do... plus /MNK. Neither DRK or MNK is very magic resistant, you shouldn't have a issue Sleeping him at all... just be sure not to DoT him until AFTER his 2hr.

Rachi

Areya

Don't forget Bind too.  A good Bind can take the place of a Sleep.  For both spells you'll want high Enfeebling Magic tho.  (So capping it before a rematch would be a nice idea.)

naobi

Quote from: Isthian on May 27, 2009, 07:55:17 PM

Remember, he has all the strengths and weaknesses YOU do... plus /MNK.

You don't have a subjob when you fight him. Unless they changed all that o.O

Majestica

Maat has /MNK. Not her. Noobi.
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

naobi

ah, the capitalized YOU confused me since I get confuzzled a lot.  Plus I was sleepy too.  I stand corrected

Rachi

I beat Maat! Hazzah!

Youtube video to follow. I'll link it when it's up.

Areya

Congratulations!  Bet you're glad to have that over and done with.

Zerila

Nice work! Congratulations :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Evanesce

Congratulations! Also, I just thought of a question:

When you fight Maat with MNK, are you spared of the advantage he normally has with /MNK, is he a MNK/MNK (otherwise impossible), or does he have some other subjob?
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Rachi

Technically, neither of you have subjobs going in. The thing that makes him SEEM /MNK is that he has Hand-to-Hand ability, no matter WHAT job you do your fight as, even if your job doesn't naturally have H2H. I'm not sure if that answers your question, but I hope it helps.

What makes it hard on Dark Knight is he hits you for a Dark Knight's damage, with each hand, and with the Hand-to-Hand delay. It's as if he has Dual-Wield Scythes, each with little to no delay. So he hits HARD and he hits FAST! x_x One of the things that was killing me all those times was that he just kept hitting me and draining me 150-250 EACH time he hit, so I was going down REALLY fast.

Also, I have uploaded the 4 Maat Failings I did, and am currently uploading the Maat Masher fight, complete with song! You can check them ALL out by visiting my YouTube account here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/zoecarmina

Thanks everyone for your support! You guys are all so... AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Ryudei

Haha congrats!

Perhaps the thread should now be modified to "FTW"? ;)