• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Still Here After All These Years~

Started by Areya, March 15, 2010, 07:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

(Because the front page desperately needs a new post...)

It's true, despite it all, Lucky is still alive and kicking.  In fact, there has been a slight resurgence of activity recently, mostly due to some of the announced changes to the games.  Despite FF14 Beta stuff going on and the recent release of FF13, don't think that FF11 is done just yet.

Haven't been on the game in a while?  Here's some of the things coming up!

• Probably the main one stirring up interest:  The future increase of the current level cap from 75 to 80 in June (tentative, of course) and then eventually to 99 in future updates.
  • New avatars:  Odin and Alexander, scheduled for release this month.  Although they can only be accessed during Astral Flow, they pack some powerful abilities.  Perfect Defense for Alexander is a defensive aura, and Zantetsuken from Odin slices/damages opponents in range.
  • Abyssea:  A new set of addons taking place in a parallel world from Vana'diel, offering a new style of powerful opponents and new items.

Been away from the game a while?  Perhaps you've missed some of the more recent changes:

• Level Sync:  No need to worry about keeping a party's level close.  Choose a target and everyone's level, stats, and gear sync down to the target.  Paladin in AF2 tanking for a Qufim crab party?  Sure!
  • Fields of Valor:  Training regimes for exp boosts.  Choose a list of targets and defeat them.  Geared more for solo or lowman parties.
  • Campaign:  The Crystal War rages on!  No longer confined to the normal areas, assaults on the Northlands now occur.
  • Addons:  Three mini-expansions with some new battles and reward keys that can be exchanged for loot, including some truly unique looking equipment pieces for finishing.
  • Augments:  Augments can add new traits to existing gear.  The most famous of these are the reward of the three Addons, but there are also the "Fey Weapons".
  • Synergy and Evoliths:  Synergy is a unique type of group synthesis that can create new items, or etch slots into certain items to insert Evoliths, special stones rewarded from undertaking NM Hunts.
  • Job Adjustments:  Rangers, Ninjas, Beastmasters, and several other jobs have all gotten tweaks lately.  And there's more to come!

Now that I've sufficiently bored you to death...

Hopefully if you've been away from the LS/game a while and stopped by, you'll drop us a line!

Ariamo

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Ryudei

*Points at the giant carnivorous Teddy Bear lurking behind Aria*

Malikai

I played for a loooooooong time before quitting. I'm glad that I'll be coming back soon. I miss XI! XD

Evanesce

*drops a line*

Glad the LS is still doing well ^^
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Areya

*drags Eva back so he can hit 99 Beastmaster!*

Hehe..  no seriously, how have you been Eva?

Selan

Nice post Areya! I can't believe they are making it to level 80. It's been 75 forever!
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."