• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Lv 80, Subjob Leveling, Bonanza Reminder

Started by Areya, May 18, 2010, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

Well, in June, the level cap will increase from level 75 to level 80.  Which, of course, means there will be the need for a lot of people to level jobs.  Additionally, some people may need support job leveling from 37 to 40 (and eventually 49).

If you want help leveling subjobs, feel free to poke around the LS, you probably won't be the only person needing some work, and sync can help some of the others as well.

Also as a reminder, the Adventurer Appreciation is going on right now, Anniversary Rings and Dinner Jackets.  And Bonanza Marbles are now on sale, so grab those up if you feel like playing the odds!

Selan

I can't believe they are increasing to level 80. I would think things would get all screwed up. I wonder why they didn't just make it to 99 like all other FF games when the game first started.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Areya

Don't forget the original cap was level 50!

Quote from: Selan on May 18, 2010, 03:09:41 PM
I wonder why they didn't just make it to 99 like all other FF games when the game first started.

Well, something to notice:  The original Final Fantasy had the same jobs as the "basic" jobs of FFXI.  (Fighter = Warrior, Black Belt = Monk)  And what was the level cap?  Yep, 50.

Zerila

I'm a little torn on the issue of raising the level cap. For years, they've said that 75 was it, no higher. Then all of a sudden, boom, level cap 99!
I think the pros outweigh the cons, though. The primary con is the leveling needed, not only for main jobs but for subs... I mean, we may as well get them to 50 instead of 49 (for BCNM battles, 50-cap stuff, and for those that want to get AF just to store it) which can be a lot of work in and of itself... I know I need to get my subs up!

The main pro for me is that, obviously, FFXI is NOT going to be abandoned any time soon... they've just added years worth of activity for everyone. Hopefully, after this year, they go back into a regular pattern of expansions. There's more to Vana'diel that I want to explore!

Anyway, back on track...  I'll probably be partying with WAR, SAM, WHM, BLM, and eventually SCH, just so I don't run around with underleveled subjobs. I'll also party with RDM at least, since that's my most commonly used party job. BST I'm going to solo to 99, of course, and Dragoon most likely as well. THF and NIN... I could go either way with those, it depends on how quickly those jobs might be needed by any groups I work with :)

I suppose I should stop leveling Monk soon, and concentrate on my already-75 jobs and subjobs :P So, if I'm on and it's not late or I'm not in the middle of something else I can't stop (like Salvage), I'll be happy to gear up and join a linkshell party at any level :D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Areya

*notes that Zerila didn't stop leveling Monk and is pushing closer to 75*

Oh, something I didn't mention, also if you want help capping your experience (so that you need 1 exp to 76) before the update, we can do some merit parties as well.

Kyuuketsuki

Zerila

Heh, should we pick a night, or just whenever enough people are on? :D

I know, I should stop leveling Monk... but it's just so fun!  ;)

Ooh, and at lower (subjob) levels, I can have Noogies power-level us! :P
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Kyuuketsuki

You're about at the level that you could leech a meripo on mnk anyways ;)

Ennaor

oh no that means if i come back i'll be a noob and  I will have an underleveled subjob!
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Areya

Ennaor

I think I am going to play ff14 when it comes out?
Wheaton's Law:  Don't be a dick!

Ryudei