• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

I came back.

Started by Furyhunter, September 05, 2010, 11:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furyhunter

Hey LuckyLS,

It's been a couple months since I last played FFXI (probably over the 3 month limit for character expiration) since I started playing a lot of WoW.

EDIT: I started my subscription up again. I want to get BSM to solo content, and right now I'm a WAR (waiting to patch). I'll be needing some leveling help to get to 30 and do the quest.

Well, right now the guild I'm establishing has pretty much unanimously decided to wait until Cataclysm comes out to start doing anything. As a result, I have nothing to do other than play Wii games (my 360 was taken by my brother for college) and StarCraft II, and I'd like at least some kind of MMO to fill the void.

I played a little of the XIV beta, but the game is far too system intensive for me to be able to enjoy it (and believe me, I enjoy it even with the lag), and I don't really have the money to spend on upgrading and then buying the game itself. So I figured, I haven't experienced much of XI, why not start that back up?

I want you guys to give me some convincing arguments to push the last inch to restarting my subscription. This school year I'm under a very tight schedule, which prevents me from doing very many scheduled things during the weekdays (I have something to do after school every day of the week, especially Friday), so being bound by my crazy schedule, what ways can I make some FFXI time enjoyable?

My experience is that I need to spend at least an hour during a gaming session to get any progress. I'm three missions in to Windurst and have everything except Visions of Abyssea content on my ID.

Ryudei

Sup Fury,

Moved your topic because Help Desk posts are showing up on the front page for some reason...  As far as your question Iunno cause I'm not playing too much myself either!

Furyhunter

How active is the LS right now? I'm currently patching and it'll be a while before it's done.

Areya

It's kind of an off time on Lucky lately, mostly due to people flocking to the FFXIV beta, but there's still a few people kicking around (like yours truly).

Furyhunter

Well, maybe I'll try playing some XIV beta on the world of choice, but even with 2GB of memory it doesn't run playably...

Plus, I really feel like I'm missing something great by not going through XI.