• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Almost FFXIV Time..

Started by Areya, September 16, 2010, 07:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

Well, it won't be long until FFXIV is released for real.  I know a lot of you will be abandoning FFXI for FFXIV at least temporarily.

Never forget that Lucky is your original home though.  And you're always welcome there.

And now, some random screenshots of some of the things you might have missed in the meantime:

Kyuuketsuki

;; I'm part of the crowd taking an XI hiatus. Partly because I've been in a period of disinterest with XI almost all summer, and partly because I'm not going to juggle two MMOs plus classes! But, I'm sure I'll be back at some point! In the mean time, it's good to see that there's going to be some familiar faces in XIV.

Selan

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Areya

Yeah, I figure that most of the people here don't want to quit FFXI entirely, and I've taken my own short "breaks" from FFXI.  Just don't be gone too long, stuff to do, critters to kill!

Majestica

I am so excited I can't wait til ffxiv comes out... though I can't talk Chris into the CE so I'll have to wait EVEN LONGER UGH. I just hope it will run on his computer  :-\
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Zerila

Here is a list of the official names for launch. Did we want to stay on Cornelia, or try a different server?

Cornelia
Kashuan
Gysahl
Mysidia
Istory
Figaro
Wutai
Trabia
Lindblum
Besaid
Selbina
Rabanastre
Bodhum
Melmond
Palamecia
Saronia
Fabul

PS: Ketsuki, come back!  :'(
PPS: Everyone ELSE, come back, too!

Also, maybe we should have a FFXIV-specific forum? No reason why we can't do both on this site, that way everyone can still keep in touch :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Areya

Zeri:  Why not put up a poll about it?

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: Zerila on September 20, 2010, 03:30:02 AM
Here is a list of the official names for launch. Did we want to stay on Cornelia, or try a different server?

PS: Ketsuki, come back!  :'(
PPS: Everyone ELSE, come back, too!

Also, maybe we should have a FFXIV-specific forum? No reason why we can't do both on this site, that way everyone can still keep in touch :)

I can't do two MMOs plus school! I'll come back when I've more time and hopefully with renewed interest!

As for XIV servers... I don't really care where we are, as long as -we're- there!

Areya

Quote from: Zerila on September 20, 2010, 03:30:02 AM

Ryuoh can probably handle it if he actually checks the site.  If nothing else he can always replace the "Art and Poetry" Board that pretty much never gets used, lol.

Kyuuketsuki

I was looking at it and I could do it pretty easily! I just couldn't decide how to organise it. XD I'll maybe mess with it between classes tomorrow unless Fzi gets to it! I've seen him lurking about!!!

negotiator

eh, i don't see a problem with keeping this site.  Just make a separate ffxiv board.  name of the ls can be added to the top with another picture.  Don't have to replace the current one.

Also, at this point, I'm fine with staying on cornelia.

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Kyuuketsuki

Mmkay, set up a FFXIV section. I'll mess with moving appropriate topics there when I'm -not- doing it from an iPod touch... ;) but, how's that for starters?

Vivec

I'll be getting XIV when the Ps3 version comes out, from the sounds of people who already are playing it.. it doesn't appear to be worthwhile to build a PC for it lol.

In the mean time, I'm starting to feel nostalgic and am thinking of coming back to XI. The cost of the software for it seems to be extremely cheap now. But I don't know..